GBATemp Member
OP
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm looking for games which you can just play easily without having to worry about to grind, whether you can beat the next boss or miss important items etc. Pretty much like any Pokemon game. Besides the E4 there is nearly no grinding involved, you usually wont lose to normal trainers and so on... The Puzzle Quest games are also a good example. So please dont recommend me a SMT or Dragon Quest game. Are there any (overlooked) games that fit to that? I don't mean shovelware crap intended for kids. Everything beside fighting or music games are fine.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Chibi-Robo: PArk Patrol is quite laid-back, too.

It doesn't last as long as Animal Crossing (namely because it has an end), but I still found it addicting to the end!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use cheat codes and make any game "easy-going" if you really want to.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and Again: Eye of Providence (the sequel) are very laid-back (considering you can do everything when you want). They're lovely detective games, you should definitely try them out if you haven't already.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameboy13 said:
The Ace Attorney series is pretty laid back, although it requires you to think a lot.
I know, lol. One of my favorite game series.

Try the Professor Layton titles. They thrive on the laid back atmosphere. You do have to use your brain though.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ellie said:
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and Again: Eye of Providence (the sequel) are very laid-back (considering you can do everything when you want). They're lovely detective games, you should definitely try them out if you haven't already.

Again is the sequel to Hotel Dusk? Are you sure it's not Last Window?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
updowners said:
Ellie said:

Again is the sequel to Hotel Dusk? Are you sure it's not Last Window?
It is Last Window. Anyway, I recommend Chrono Trigger. There wasn't to much grinding in it and its a great RPG. I also recommend the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
metroid prime: hunters (in multi player, anyway, but watch out for hand cramps)

Maybe it's just me, but that really isn't what comes to mind when I think of "Laid Back". Rather, I think of "Fast-paced, shooty-patooty ACTION!!1"
(It's still awesome, though!
biggrin.gif
)

The Pokemon games are pretty laid-back during the grindy parts. I always get nervous during Gyms, though, I'll admit.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dunno... i only ever get agitated in a metroid prime game when rockets are raining down on my space hunter butt. otherwise, i'm just jumping, collecting powerups, health and waiting for the next half-dead fool to come into my sights, lolz

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like suggested animal crossing and chibi robo. Electroplankton is another good laid back game. If I remember more I'll post em.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elektroplankton is more like a toy. There really isn't a goal to it.

Puzzle Quest is pretty laid back and fun yet challenging to an extent. Most 1 player puzzle games are laid back (casual).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo