Homebrew any emulatable Magic: The Gathering game?

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought of this game today and felt like nerding out for a bit. I haven't played it in well over a decade and was hoping there was some video game version that came out at some point that might work in some emulator on my DS.

Anybody know?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DS commercial. Nothing.

DS homebrew. A couple of card viewers, nothing more.

PSP homebrew: something got released a day or two back:
http://wololo.net/wagic/

Other systems. Everything is either too new and/or merely set in the same universe.

Your best bet is to look for some web based (and couple it with something like DSHobro/DS2key or perhaps host your own server and use a conventional browser). Card games work best in real life so I am afraid you will have to wait for someone else to appear or go searching.
Still: Java based:
http://www.firemox.org/
http://octgn.org/legacy/

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well isn't there the thing like YGO virtual desktop with magic cards for the pc?,of course it's manual and requires knowledge of the game.....

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one has mentioned the commercial Magic:Online yet. It's pretty well polished, and is as real to playing the actual game as you can get.

Unfortunately... it also costs as much as playing Magic in real life. You have to buy decks and booster packs for Magic:Online just as you would in real life, and the prices are pretty much the same. This can get really expensive really quick, but if you live out in the boonies and have no one to play Magic with it might be worth your time/money.

Last time I checked, I believe there is a demo available.

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm not really interested enough to pay a ton of money to get virtual "cards" or play online, I just wanted something to pass the time and relive my former (?) geekdom.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.magicworkstation.com/

It doesn't have all the rules stacked and programmed like MTGO, but from what some of my MTG playing friends tell me it's pretty damn good, plus you can download picture/card packs(from other sites, it's a legal thing like roms cause of Wizard owning the art and such) so that you can have the actual card images and you can go as far back as Alpha and Beta(unlike MTGO where it only goes back to Ice Age).

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
That RPG style one where you walk around and do card battles with evil minions? Used to waste hours and hours on that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, kind of like mugen or rivals of aether?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?