Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
These video game movies tend to get caught up in so many problems and weird cycles. The illumination Mario movie, Uncharted, Saints Row--all of these movies, including the MGS one, we probably won't learn more about for years to come.

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These video game movies tend to get caught up in so many problems and weird cycles. The illumination Mario movie, Uncharted, Saints Row--all of these movies, including the MGS one, we probably won't learn more about for years to come.
Yeah you're right :sad:

Reactions: Chary

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
The articles I've read about the casting and that it was green lit go back to December 2020, so given a 2-3 year production cycle you're probably looking at late 2022/2023 at the earliest.

Although given that it's a Hollywood adaptation of a video game, the more accurate answer is 'F knows when'.

The Sonic Movie for example had talks of an animated film in the 90s followed by the live action one in 2013....at Sony, before Paramount finally got the rights in 2017.

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the movie was announced, I wasn't a MGS fan so i didn't care

Now I've played 1-4 and love the series so now I'm reminded it exists and I want it :cry:

Yeah I feel ya, I'm a big fan of the series I've even played the 2d versions of the game.

Donno if you ever heard of Philanthropy, only part 1 was released tho, which you can watch here.

https://www.mgs-philanthropy.net/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The articles I've read about the casting and that it was green lit go back to December 2020, so given a 2-3 year production cycle you're probably looking at late 2022/2023 at the earliest.

Although given that it's a Hollywood adaptation of a video game, the more accurate answer is 'F knows when'.

The Sonic Movie for example had talks of an animated film in the 90s followed by the live action one in 2013....at Sony, before Paramount finally got the rights in 2017.

Yeah, it really sucks, I was so excited when it was announced but didn't expect it to take this long ....

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3