Hacking Any problems between AK2 and EZFlash 3 in 1 plus?

Zorvan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS lite using an Acekard 2.

I am wanting to get a 3 in 1 plus for the browser and GBA games ( I don't care about the rumble ).

Are there any compatibility issues I should consider? Also, where's a good place to get one with quick shipping? I bought my AK2 from Dealwoot.com but their site seems to be gone.

Thanks.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MARECLO said:
Another World said:
yes the 3in1+ has issues all around. you should buy the older 3in1. you can still get it from realhotstuff.com.

http://realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-pre...sion-p-397.html

-another world

I have a AK2i and a 3in1+ for 2 years and I had any problems running GBA.

What are the problems you encounter or know about?

AFIIK, at the time of it's release, one issue was the rumble pack didn't function with AK2i and other flashcarts. I have never had a NDS, flashcart, 3 in 1, etc, so I'm not sure about these things, but apparently there was also issues with soft-reset functionality, whatever that is (lol i'm a noooooob XD), and you could get an error message saying the 3 in 1 pack is not present, and I don't know what else was wrong. However, it did run GBA games the same as it's predecessor.

MARECLO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
caribou007 said:
MARECLO said:
Another World said:
yes the 3in1+ has issues all around. you should buy the older 3in1. you can still get it from realhotstuff.com.

http://realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-pre...sion-p-397.html

-another world

I have a AK2i and a 3in1+ for 2 years and I had any problems running GBA.

What are the problems you encounter or know about?

AFIIK, at the time of it's release, one issue was the rumble pack didn't function with AK2i and other flashcarts. I have never had a NDS, flashcart, 3 in 1, etc, so I'm not sure about these things, but apparently there was also issues with soft-reset functionality, whatever that is (lol i'm a noooooob XD), and you could get an error message saying the 3 in 1 pack is not present, and I don't know what else was wrong. However, it did run GBA games the same as it's predecessor.

My rumble works great with all the games I tested it, even the AKAIO has it's own rumble option (low,med,hi), soft reset I don't know if it has or not I tried once the same button combination as the AKAIO (L+R+A+B+Down) and because that time didn't work I assumed that it hasn't soft-reset, that doesn't bother me at all.
The last one about the 3in1+ not present never happened to me, also the battery is still functional...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
once you are in gba-mode you can't soft-reset back to ds-mode. a power cycle of the unit is required to get back to ds-mode.

rumble has been broken with homebrew for awhile. it was around 1.8.1-ish that it was broken. i don't think it was ever fixed, but to be honest i haven't tried it for the last few releases.

-another world

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it say on the cartridge or package if it's the Plus version?

Edit: No, it doesn't. I found an informative thread thou. http://gbatemp.net/t130659-how-to-tell-whi...e-3in1-you-have

There is a version made, it seems, after the +. It is not the + and doesn't work with GBAExploader patched specifically for the +.

So, I'm wondering, is this 4th version like the predecessors to the +, without the issues that the + had/has?

Shit. The 4th version (EZ5C11) is the worst yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so