Not open for further replies.

hailrazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be heavy in the modding and portable making scene. Check me out on Youtube : Jonathan Wild

But time has passed on and now I'm just getting back into it. Just hacked my Switch and enjoying some homebrew.

Anyway I was looking through my old stashes and found a still sealed Viper modchip. Anyone need or use these anymore?

Reactions: JakobAir

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is it a viper gc extreme?
I have a viper gc in my gamecube.
I want a viper gc extreme.

hailrazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope just a Viper GC

Attachments

• 20190202_164019.jpg
    20190202_164019.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 388
Reactions: FanNintendo

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok,thx for info,but searching after the xtreme,hard to find now.
While i really don't use my gamecube much cause i play gc on wii with nintendont.

hailrazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. I was just wondering if anyone is still looking for one. Hate to toss it or throw it back in a drawer for another 10 years.

Reactions: SaUzEr

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe someone need 1,don't throw away,keep it,someone will show interest soon or later.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used to be heavy in the modding and portable making scene. Check me out on Youtube : Jonathan Wild

But time has passed on and now I'm just getting back into it. Just hacked my Switch and enjoying some homebrew.

Anyway I was looking through my old stashes and found a still sealed Viper modchip. Anyone need or use these anymore?
I do see people on here every now and then looking for authentic GC modchips since all the ones around now are clones. If you had 100 posts you could post it in the trading section, I'm sure someone would be interested.

hailrazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do see people on here every now and then looking for authentic GC modchips since all the ones around now are clones. If you had 100 posts you could post it in the trading section, I'm sure someone would be interested.

Thanks for the info.

I don't plan on spamming the forum with 100 posts to find someone who wants a Gamecube modchip though. LOL

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
One of my Gamecube mods.

wow i am impressed! really cool!
it always surprises me how someone can cut a console board to a minimum...

well i have a non modded gamecube, i wanted a modchip but i am not sure what to choose, i probably will go with the xenogc or a clone or something..
i really wanted a ODDE modchip that would allow me to put an sd card or micro sd card but keep the drive still working..

Last edited by migles,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wow i am impressed! really cool!

it always surprises me how someone can cut a console board to a minimum...

well i have a non modded gamecube, i wanted a modchip but i am not sure what to choose, i probably will go with the xenogc or a clone or something..

i really wanted a ODDE modchip that would allow me to put an sd card or micro sd card but keep the drive still working..

Not the same by any means. But I’ve got a mod chip in my Cube, can’t remember which one, I put it in decades ago

Anyway I burned Swiss to a Mini DVD-R and use it to load games from an SD card using an adapter.

Most games work perfectly well, some have audio streaming issues. But it’s a great way to try games without having to waste a disc.

So now I only burn occasional games to disc if it’s one with streaming audio issues and I really want the music.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Not the same by any means. But I’ve got a mod chip in my Cube, can’t remember which one, I put it in decades ago

Anyway I burned Swiss to a Mini DVD-R and use it to load games from an SD card using an adapter.

Most games work perfectly well, some have audio streaming issues. But it’s a great way to try games without having to waste a disc.

So now I only burn occasional games to disc if it’s one with streaming audio issues and I really want the music.
probably you have a xenogc which i believe its the most common one.. but any modchip allows that i believe.
but yeah thats one way to go, nowadays the modchip is just so you don't have the hassle of swapping or having a disc in the drive
you can use a game like windwaker or pokemon with a save exploit to load swiss trough the sd card in the memory card slot, and once you loaded swiss you can eject the game and swap to a dvd-r disc of a game
the modchip allows you to boot dvd-r directly but i believe you can't boot swiss directly off a sd card without a disc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS: can someone explain me the difference in a practical way between a viper and a xenogc or other modchips?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
probably you have a xenogc which i believe its the most common one.. but any modchip allows that i believe.
but yeah thats one way to go, nowadays the modchip is just so you don't have the hassle of swapping or having a disc in the drive
you can use a game like windwaker or pokemon with a save exploit to load swiss trough the sd card in the memory card slot, and once you loaded swiss you can eject the game and swap to a dvd-r disc of a game
the modchip allows you to boot dvd-r directly but i believe you can't boot swiss directly off a sd card without a disc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS: can someone explain me the difference in a practical way between a viper and a xenogc or other modchips?

xenogc mostly lets you boot import or burnt discs.

other modchips can have a variety of extra features. memory for small homebrew, internal sd slot, native ability to force 480p, etc

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
other modchips can have a variety of extra features. memory for small homebrew, internal sd slot, native ability to force 480p, etc
the viper modchip allows that? the normal one?
didnt know there where modchips with internal sd slot, care to elaborate? would like to know details

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the viper modchip allows that? the normal one?
didnt know there where modchips with internal sd slot, care to elaborate? would like to know details

Yes, also the normal Viper has a small amount of memory you can use to load homebrews. I think there is a small version of swiss that you can use to load other software from an sdgecko thus avoiding booting the cube with a burnerd disk.

Some modchips released for wii also work on gamecube: the wiikeyfusion/wasp has a sd card reader and the Wode jukebox has both sd card and usb.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wish you luck. I loved mine. Still have it, but but don´t have the console hooked up to my modern tv and original rgb cables are just stupid expensive.

Think mine must have been an extreme, because it was flashable. Still would recommend, but don´t expect big bucks.

JakobAir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One of my holy grails! I have one I installed in high school that I still use and I've been looking for another one forever! I'll definitely grab it if you want to sell it. How's $50 + whatever shipping would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)