Any way to bind commands to keys?

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so long story short, the button to open the disk drive on my computer is broken. So i want to know if there is a method or program that will allow me to open the slot through the machine, rather than the button.

Thanks in advance, to anybody who can help me.

-link491

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depending upon the OS you should be able to right click the drive in the computer and have it eject.
If you are using a program like imgburn (or any other burner program) it should have software buttons to eject and load (give or take the general lack of loading on the laptop try drives)

Assuming you have not got a laptop with a special drive or a drive you especially need (only thing that burns discs the way you like) is it not worth finding a new one?

You can probably bind such a thing to a media button as well if you want, if your keyboard has a customisable button for something then go for that, not sure if there is a standard windows command but http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html (first things in the examples) cover a command line program to do it. However I tend to find it is usually only a given program that I need an optical drive for and they tend to carry them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol