Hacking Question Any way to completely remove LayeredFS and Atmosphere and all its data?

hyjinx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you are fucked :( at least atm. Stay offline until everything developed a bit more. At some point in the future you will be able to manually clean your system :gun:

I'd also just love the ability to apply updates and dlc offline. Hopefully that's coming at some point as well. If I had that, wouldn't even need to go online for anything since I've got a switch dedicated to hacks and one for legit purposes.

Evoation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can delete logs via a hekate tool, but I've read it doesn't clear everything, and if you received any errors at all by using LayredFS you will receive a ban, 100%. I've read quite a few posts from people here that recieved bans after using LayeredFS.

Maybe in the future one of the CFW dev's will create a way to redirect only the error logs to a dummy file on SD card, but it's too early for us to know what logs Nintendo is considering a bannable offense.

How would I encounter errors when using LayeredFS? I don't believe I have encountered any of these so I should be fine if I clean my logs right? The only error type thing I have encountered is when accidentally opening the online multiplayer option in Pokken which just came up with an error because I was in flight mode and made me restart my system.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How would I encounter errors when using LayeredFS? I don't believe I have encountered any of these so I should be fine if I clean my logs right? The only error type thing I have encountered is when accidentally opening the online multiplayer option in Pokken which just came up with an error because I was in flight mode and made me restart my system.

You won't be safe. There could be other traces beside error codes that Nintendo might be able to detect. People who never used layeredFS online have reported getting banned after going online even with cleared logs and whatnot. If you go online with a previously modded system, you'll be at a risk. You could never be banned or you could be banned in some time. Nobody right now has the knowledge to determine all the factors that can trigger a ban.

If you want to be safe, wait for more development. Some tool could come in the future to help (or not).

Take a risk or be (very) patient.

Reactions: Evoation

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been offline since 4.1.. No online connections at all. I made a raw backup before using SX OS, and I have played game backups and emulators but no online. Let`s say that, I update and go online, but before this I restore the nand, there should be no problem, in theory, no?

Also, that thing about SX OS about updating without burning fuses, how does that exactly work? Can one update booted onto SX OS and fuses should be okay? Or is an add on for a tool or something. That`s something I never understand.

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I have been offline since 4.1.. No online connections at all. I made a raw backup before using SX OS, and I have played game backups and emulators but no online. Let`s say that, I update and go online, but before this I restore the nand, there should be no problem, in theory, no?

Also, that thing about SX OS about updating without burning fuses, how does that exactly work? Can one update booted onto SX OS and fuses should be okay? Or is an add on for a tool or something. That`s something I never understand.

The new version of SX OS doesn't burn e-fuses (it was what i read on patch notes) but maybe someone can answer you better.

Reactions: nWo

Evoation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You won't be safe. There could be other traces beside error codes that Nintendo might be able to detect. People who never used layeredFS online have reported getting banned after going online even with cleared logs and whatnot. If you go online with a previously modded system, you'll be at a risk. You could never be banned or you could be banned in some time. Nobody right now has the knowledge to determine all the factors that can trigger a ban.

If you want to be safe, wait for more development. Some tool could come in the future to help (or not).

Take a risk or be (very) patient.

Thanks for the explanation, this is exactly what I was looking for :)

Reactions: lukhart

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm in a similar situation 4.01. Never created a nintendo account, and using the blocked nintendo DNS's but have connected internet to download from homebrew store.

I'm just wondering if my switch has ever had the ability to send reports to nintendo with the recommended blocked DNS to prevent updates, and never having created an account? I have used layeredfs on 4.01

Last edited by puppydg68,

Evoation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So in my play activity it only mentions the donor titles of the games and not the actual games I played. Does this make it safer to go online. Also could someone explain how a crash report is created in LayeredFS? because I don't know if this has happened to me. Should I also delete the savedata of the donor roms?

Last edited by Evoation,

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I encountered a error by using psnes for 2 days ago. Hekate can clear logs? Hopefully I don‘t get banned for using this

-edit-

I was on airplane mode. And the following days stayed offline

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I encountered a error by using psnes for 2 days ago. Hekate can clear logs? Hopefully I don‘t get banned for using this

-edit-

I was on airplane mode. And the following days stayed offline

And again the only safe way (currently) is to flash a pre hax backup. Even this way is not 100% bullet proof

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's just like a emunand but done manually:

-Before any modifications do a full backup of your sd card and then nand backup
-Never update the firmware or connect to online and run whaever you want
-Before going online do a full restore of your nand and sd card
-If you want run homebrew repeat the process

If nintendo ATM doesn't ban for being in RCM mode i don't see how they can detect this but someone can prove me wrong.
holy so happy I did that backup before I do anything

RapidRaid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I'm on 4.1.0 and I've made a NAND Backup before, but only of the essential stuff.
I only backupped Boot and System essentially. Does someone know if the logs are stored in those sections or rather in the user partition?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm on 4.1.0 and I've made a NAND Backup before, but only of the essential stuff.
I only backupped Boot and System essentially. Does someone know if the logs are stored in those sections or rather in the user partition?
We don't know where the logs are stored. There is the possibility that they are not stored in the NAND to begin with.

Reactions: RapidRaid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols