PS1/2 any way to directly copy mcboot memory card ?

swaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a mcboot card I want to copy. it also has HDloader and OPL on. I followed a tutorial but this only put mcboot on not the other stukk. Is there any way to copy the card exactly as it is ? or is there some loader that will put mcboot OPL and HDloader on the new card ?

D

Deleted User

Format the new card, then copy over all the files from the hacked card to the new card using the file explorer.

Reactions: swaps

swaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All sorted, was not as complicated as I thought but from what I have found the card cannot be copied or if you manage it them it would only work on that specific PS2.

Thanks Alan

D

Deleted User

All sorted, was not as complicated as I thought but from what I have found the card cannot be copied or if you manage it them it would only work on that specific PS2.

Thanks Alan
Just a heads up, I managed to copy it myself from one card to another.

Also, the other way is to run the free mc boot installer from the file manager and use that to install freemcboot to the new card, which you can set for either all ps2's, or only for that lone system.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Magicgate-signed files (ie the DVD player update and the browser update, of which FreeMCBoot is one) can only be used on the memory card they were installed to (though some 3rd party cards probably have a fixed serial number)

Regular ELF files (the ones you can run from WLaunchElf) are universal (but of course can't be directly booted by the console)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol