Hacking Any way to extract base game from update merged fpkg?

mangalodesh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried dumping the merged fpkg split option 3 but it just put everything in app folder made patch folder just put nothing inside, thanks. hoping there is a fpkg extractor I can't seem to find.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think u can use orbis-pub-chk.exe to extract the package content, which is in image format where you have to figure out what file is the game and what file is update and use orbis-pub-gen.exe to build the package, but it isn't easy. Also to use an update that isnt base off the your base game, you also have to rebuild the package.

Last edited by Hayato213,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how? I already said that I tried with dumper 1.7 separate option 3 and it didn't separate

https://github.com/xvortex/ps4-dumper-vtx/blob/master/dumper.cfg

Definitely set to split=3?

Did you try the different dumper versions in the different al-azif host packs? I havent looked into it too much but the dumper from 0.4.0 was apparently the best at the time, but his new 0.4.2 pack has re-touched files and possibly payloads to try out. For example his vtx hen is now with spoof 5.51.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just been doing some testing and the dumper from AlAzif 0.4.2 does not work with webexploit. Neither does the latest on xvortex's github.

But I have managed to put together a working set by using an old kernel.js version. Attached is a working version of 1.7 (not the beta)

Tested it with Moto Racer 4 and I got a dump of both the app and the update.
Untitled-1.jpg

A big tip for faster dumping times! If you are dumping a disk game make sure to run hen or holy grail first. Do Not just run the dumper on its own from a fresh boot.

I did a speed test with the disk version of No Mans Sky (3.41gb)
Just Dumper = 6 minutes 25 seconds
HEN then Dumper = 1 minute 43 seconds

The same thing happens when using Stooges DB and Saves Backup. 12 seconds Vs 6min 25 seconds.

Attachments

• dumper.rar
    25.9 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: KiiWii and buda81

mangalodesh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes split 3, i'll try orbis-pub-chk.exe to extract and try to see difference in app and patch files I like it easy though. have new fpkg update base to update was going to use new
Just been doing some testing and the dumper from AlAzif 0.4.2 does not work with webexploit. Neither does the latest on xvortex's github.

But I have managed to put together a working set by using an old kernel.js version. Attached is a working version of 1.7 (not the beta)

Tested it with Moto Racer 4 and I got a dump of both the app and the update.
View attachment 120591

A big tip for faster dumping times! If you are dumping a disk game make sure to run hen or holy grail first. Do Not just run the dumper on its own from a fresh boot.

I did a speed test with the disk version of No Mans Sky (3.41gb)
Just Dumper = 6 minutes 25 seconds
HEN then Dumper = 1 minute 43 seconds

The same thing happens when using Stooges DB and Saves Backup. 12 seconds Vs 6min 25 seconds.

this is good info about running the hen for faster transfers amazing thank you, I already knew only way to get dumper working messages on the screen is running original exploit then sending the 1.7 dumper payload manually. I have dumped some disc games perfectly fine split. Still my original problem persists can someone get it done successfully on their end before asking me to troubleshoot. this is merged fpkg with update I want to extract base game no update. again I was able to run dumper on this but even though it gave me split folders patch was empty, get it? lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?