Any way to get unicorn cars for Forza Motorsport 3?

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A great save editor set by XB36Hazard includes save editing for the Forza Motorsport series 360.

However for some reason FM3 is the only one that does not include a garage editor in the save editor set.
As far as I know there are only three unicorn cars for FM3. But the one that makes it worth it is the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A.
The editors for the others include an option to add unicorn cars to your garage.

Last edited by _47iscool,

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The creator of this great tool may have saw my post. Shortly after I made the post, BETA garage editor support was added for FM3 on April 22, 2023.

I added the RX-7 Spirit R to my garage with the tool and it doesn't show up sadly. It is good to see at least someone make a ge for this game. Hopefully it can be fixed later. I would love to have that particular RX-7 on FM3.

Resosaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the save editor you're referring to. I couldn't even get my profile to load at the main menu -- it just freezes. Tried three times. Were you actually able to load into the game after adding a car? And have you reached out to the creator of this save editor to notify them of the issue?

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the save editor you're referring to. I couldn't even get my profile to load at the main menu -- it just freezes. Tried three times. Were you actually able to load into the game after adding a car? And have you reached out to the creator of this save editor to notify them of the issue?

I don't get any freezes with it. My version of FM3 is the Ultimate Collection and is updated with a 2010 update. You might need the latest title update.

This website has quite a bit of them if you can't get access to Xbox Live: http://xboxunity.net/

Though you might need to know the media ID and such to find the right one. I use ROM Properties, which allows WIndows Explorer to display ROM/ISO and other misc items' information as well a game covers for certain platforms.
This is a screenshot of the latest Title Update for FM3 using ROM Properties:
rp information.png

Resosaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have the Ultimate Collection disc and have the latest update installed since I'm connected to Xbox Live at all times on my 360. No matter what I tried last night, the game would freeze at the main menu while loading my save file. I even tried adding one unicorn car at a time, and different unicorn cars each time -- same result. When I went back to my original (unmodified) save file, everything was back to normal.

Gaining access to the three unicorn cars is all I want the editor for, so I'm hoping the issues with the garage editor can be resolved. I emailed the developer via his contact email to notify him of the issue I'm having and also linked to this thread. The last update for this editor was April of this year, so hopefully more work can still be done on it.

But just to confirm, have you found a way to add a unicorn car successfully using this editor?

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have the Ultimate Collection disc and have the latest update installed since I'm connected to Xbox Live at all times on my 360. No matter what I tried last night, the game would freeze at the main menu while loading my save file. I even tried adding one unicorn car at a time, and different unicorn cars each time -- same result. When I went back to my original (unmodified) save file, everything was back to normal.

Gaining access to the three unicorn cars is all I want the editor for, so I'm hoping the issues with the garage editor can be resolved. I emailed the developer via his contact email to notify him of the issue I'm having and also linked to this thread. The last update for this editor was April of this year, so hopefully more work can still be done on it.

But just to confirm, have you found a way to add a unicorn car successfully using this editor?

No. It doesn't show up. The one for FM4 however works great. I have all the unicorn cars in FM4 thanks to the creator of that great tool. Even the VW NULL car.

The only freezing I've had is for FM4 if I try to swap car parts.

For instance: I copied the value of the R34's RB26 engine ID/value and pasted into the R35 GTR engine slot and the game locked up. I wanted to have an R35 GT-R with a Skyline GT-R Inline-6.

Resosaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. It doesn't show up. The one for FM4 however works great.
Thanks for confirming. Yeah so for FM4 and FH1, I used the Horizon save editor to add the unicorn cars I was missing and it couldn't have been easier. So I'm all good on those two games. The FM3 unicorns, however, have never been included in Horizon for whatever reason, which is why I went looking elsewhere. Got super excited when I came across XB36Hazard's editor, only for my hopes to be dashed when I couldn't get it working :(

I'm holding out hope that either there's some trick to it that we just need to figure out in order to get it working, or that the developer will address the issue in an updated build.

Reactions: _47iscool

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm that's news to me. What games were removed in the more recent builds?

It's been a few years since I last checked.

The TES IV Oblivion save editor I know was removed, and for me that's a no-go. I't much faster to edit saves like that instead of using the PC version of the game to mod the save and send it back.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get any freezes with it. My version of FM3 is the Ultimate Collection and is updated with a 2010 update. You might need the latest title update.

This website has quite a bit of them if you can't get access to Xbox Live: http://xboxunity.net/

Though you might need to know the media ID and such to find the right one. I use ROM Properties, which allows WIndows Explorer to display ROM/ISO and other misc items' information as well a game covers for certain platforms.
This is a screenshot of the latest Title Update for FM3 using ROM Properties:
View attachment 406953

The FM3 Ultimate Collection (Media ID's '6F74359D' (US) and '4BE13908' (EU)) doesn't have Title Updates, they are integrated into the game files and XEX, same as the FM4 'Racing Game of the Year' are. The one I'm talking about shown here:
FM3-Ultimate-Collection.jpg

FM3-Ultimate-Collection-TU0.jpg

I modded the store a long time ago so these Unicorn cars could be purchased at their preset prices. You are both welcome to send me your profile and FM3 save if you want me to purchase them for you and then send them back to you. The reason I need your profile as well as your save is because there is some kind of improved tamper detection on FM3, so I can't use your save file on my profile and and change it back. it doesn't matter if a password is on your profile as the purchase it's being done offline, but make sure there is no passcode on it as I won't even be able to use it at all. You can still use this profile online after the purchase of these Unicorns as I'm not modifying it or your save in any way. I'm just buying the cars from within the game. I did this years ago and still use the same profile online for FM6 and FM7. Did the same with FM2 and FM4 with no issue too.

Mazda-RX-7-Spirit-R-Type-A.jpg

Mazda-RX-7-Spirit-R-Type-A-front.jpg

Mazda-RX-7-Spirit-R-Type-A-rear.jpg

Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-Coupe.jpg

Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-Coupe-front.jpg

Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-Coupe-rear.jpg

Subaru-Impreza-S204.jpg

Subaru-Impreza-S204-front.jpg

Subaru-Impreza-S204-rear.jpg

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@_47iscool
You're welcome. Yeah wouldn't be without my RGH.
Okay, I bought the Unicorns for you and sent you a link to your save and profile, so you can now delete your link. Tested on my retail unit with my retail Ultimate Collection disc and all is working fine. Let me know everything is ok for you so I can delete my link and delete your profile and save from my mem card. By the way, if you play Forza Motorsport 4 on the same profile as your Forza Motorsport 3 save, those FM3 Unicorns will carry over to FM4.
Nice car collection you got there by the way. Cheers.

Last edited by Gyron_Oldvic,

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@_47iscool
You're welcome. Yeah wouldn't be without my RGH.
Okay, I bought the Unicorns for you and sent you a link to your save and profile, so you can now delete your link. Tested on my retail unit with my retail Ultimate Collection disc and all is working fine. Let me know everything is ok for you so I can delete my link and delete your profile and save from my mem card. By the way, if you play Forza Motorsport 4 on the same profile as your Forza Motorsport 3 save, those FM3 Unicorns will carry over to FM4.
Nice car collection you got there by the way. Cheers.

Excuse my ignorance, but I cannot find the chat message. Can you maybe send me another with the link?

(Although I didn't include it in the save, in my custom vinyls I made a dark grey overlay for the BNR32's Skyline GT-R's bumper to make it look more accurate.)

Reactions: Gyron_Oldvic

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excuse my ignorance, but I cannot find the chat message. Can you maybe send me another with the link?

(Although I didn't include it in the save, in my custom vinyls I made a dark grey overlay for the BNR32's Skyline GT-R's bumper to make it look more accurate.)
Just had a look and the link is still there, strange you can't see it. I've sent it again as a separate private message.

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had a look and the link is still there, strange you can't see it. I've sent it again as a separate private message.
I got it. Will try them out. Thank you again.

Too bad they took all of the DLC down, my version had an unused redeemable code for the Top Gear content with Stig's garage car pack. Is there any way to add VIP cars?

Edit: It is telling me invalid profile and to delete it and create a new one.

Edit 2: No problem. I simply had to change the device ID and re-hash. All is working fine.

Also, thank you for the comment about the car collection.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got it. Will try them out. Thank you again.

Too bad they took all of the DLC down, my version had an unused redeemable code for the Top Gear content with Stig's garage car pack. Is there any way to add VIP cars?

Edit: It is telling me invalid profile and to delete it and create a new one.

Edit 2: No problem. I simply had to change the device ID and re-hash. All is working fine.

Also, thank you for the comment about the car collection.
Ah good, glad it's all working for you. Yeah I left the 'Device ID' as is and never bothered adjusting and resigning it. Reason was, because as long as I had your profile on the same device as your Forza save it didn't matter, I could use it across multiple machines. The device ID changed depending what device I had you your save on eg. HDD or 2 different memory cards. So I left it as is when I sent it back. I figured you'd copy it to a memory card along with your latest profile I sent you back (when Forza saves it writes to your profile too), then copy it back to your HDD via storage devices in the official dash. Then the device ID would change accordingly. I could copy it across multiple retail machines this way without issue. Just shows how finicky FM3 is with it's saving, everything has to be perfect with it or it throws an error. Turn 10 really went to town with the tamper detection on this game. Doesn't surprise me those PC apps don't work with the Unicorns on FM3. Well at least you finally have them now.
Haha, yeah I spent about 20 minutes admiring your car collection before I bought the Unicorns. I thought to myself, this guy has put some serious time into this game 😀.

Last edited by Gyron_Oldvic,

_47iscool

Noticer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah good, glad it's all working for you. Yeah I left the 'Device ID' as is and never bothered adjusting and resigning it. Reason was, because as long as I had your profile on the same device as your Forza save it didn't matter, I could use it across multiple machines. The device ID changed depending what device I had you your save on eg. HDD or 2 different memory cards. So I left it as is when I sent it back. I figured you'd copy it to a memory card along with your latest profile I sent you back (when Forza saves it writes to your profile too), then copy it back to your HDD via storage devices in the official dash. Then the device ID would change accordingly. I could copy it across multiple retail machines this way without issue. Just shows how finicky FM3 is with it's saving, everything has to be perfect with it or it throws an error. Turn 10 really went to town with the tamper detection on this game. Doesn't surprise me those PC apps don't work with the Unicorns on FM3. Well at least you finally have them now.
Haha, yeah I spent about 20 minutes admiring your car collection before I bought the Unicorns. I thought to myself, this guy has put some serious time into this game 😀.

Speaking of devices. I use a 64GB SanDisk flash drive for my game saves and and a 256GB SanDisk flash drive for games. I love how they eventually made it where you no longer have to format USB drives and that way there is no reserved space. I also set the Content folder on the drives to be un-hidden so it makes for much faster extraction to my PC.

And when it comes to spending time in FM, my brother has much more time on FM4 than I do even if I combined my time for both FM3 and FM4.

Things that are really sad though is the 'Ultimate Collection' of FM3 still is missing nine cars if you count the VIP, Top Gear Stig and unicorns.

Even worse to me is that FM4 never got a similar release considering the amazing car list it has and the polygon count. The game's graphics look absolutely stunning. Not to mention the menu BGM by Lance Hayes, especially the tracks that sound more Classically European like Paris-Rouen, Cold ATF, and EV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo