Hacking Any way to start games only using a GC controller?

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk how, but my wii remotes have disapeared from my house, and i only have gc controllers to use. Any way to browse through the wii menu with a GC controller?

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
no you can't surf the wii menu from a gc controller. but if you have priloader on your wii, setup your wii so that it directly boots usb loader gx (or any other backup loader which supports menu browsing via gc controller) and voila.

that is what i do and i don't need a wii remote for gc games (both from disc and usb harddrive)

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii is modded, i think i might have bootmii or something like that on it. checking..

Edit: I do, but how would i even get to it, without anything to get me there?

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i dropped the folder for it into the apps folder of my wii, how it was shown, i can't get it to appear when i boot it up while holding reset. Any idea?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Check if your sd card has a folder called bootmii on its root. If that folder exists and has three files inside (armboot.bin, ppcboot.elf, and bootmii.ini) and your wii does not boot to bootmii automatically then bootmii is installed as ios. If there isn't a bootmii folder, then either bootmii isn't installed or you deleted the folder. You probably installed bootmii when you installed the HBC. Also, when was your wii bought?

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i do have that bootmii folder with the said files in it, with the folder in the root. I had this wii for a long time, idk how long, but i'm guessing somewhere since it was first released, maybe a couple months after release date

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to check if you have bootmii installed as boot2, remove your SD card and power the Wii.
If the Wii flash two quick times then you have it.

If it's installed as Boot2 then it means that when you power your console it's doing this :

power ON -> Boot 2 loading -> if SD card is present load BootMii from SD card, or else boot the Wii System Menu.

If BootMii is present on SD card -> Load Bootmii.ini file and check your prefered booting method :
- System Menu
- Bootmii
- Homebrew Channel

it means that you can edit the .ini file on your computer and tells BootMii to launch the Homebrew Channel instead of the System Menu !
The Homebrew channel is compatible with the GameCube controller, allowing you to launch any homebrew from there, like USBLoaders which can launch installed Channels or Disc based games using GC controller.

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't flash 2 quick times. Not the disc laser or power button or anything so i don't think i do. So from here on out, i pretty much just have to buy some new wii motes i guess?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Even if you could launch games with gamecube controller, not all games support gamecube controller.
Getting a Wiimote is still the best way to go.

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anyone with a wii. And i only really play some old GC games and the couple of Wii games i have that support the GC, and homebrew so i don't really have use for a wii remote. I guess i do now though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl