Gaming Anyone against Fortnite Nintendo Switch?

Do you want Fortnite to come to the Switch?

• Hell yah.

Votes: 54 32.3%
  • Only if it comes with some Nintendo-exclusive content

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Don't really give a shit

Votes: 55 32.9%
  • Switch players in Fortnite will just f up the game dude

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fk no.

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • Don't care (for all the clean-mouthed people)

Votes: 27 16.2%

• Total voters

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Meh, I personally couldn't fucking give a shit to be honest.
I mean some fuckers would probably buy a fucking Switch just for the fucking portable fucking fortnite on the fucking go, but still, I personally couldn't give a fucking rats left fucking testicle.
Fuck, I'd still fucking want fucking Fortnite if that shit was fucking available, it would fucking help the console's fucking sales and other fucking shit.

All jokes aside, why is there so much unnecessary swearing in the questionnaire?
To quote Yahtzee, "I like my swearing, but in the wrong place it brings down the whole gosh darn tone, you cunt."

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played the game, it's mediocre as all hell, but I've nothing against it. It's not needed by any means, but I don't see why not.

Reactions: jimmyj

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting.

When I consider GBATemp full of nice, kind, helpful people who are always willing to lend a hand, I get shut down.
When I consider GBATemp to have some narcissistic, annoying five year-olds, I'm called one.

I never said anything about why people shouldn't enjoy Fortnite on the Switch. In fact, the purpose of this thread was to see if anyone has a reason for Fortnite not to come to the Switch. I wouldn't consider that question stupid, I couldn't think of a reason, so I was seeing if anyone had one. Oh, and I dunno about the excessive cursing, I was just bored.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never played the game and even if I would think it’s a very terrible game, I just wouldn’t care if it comes to switch, I can still play all the switch games I like and enjoy

nightking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would probably play it through https://rainway.io/. As for a official app, sure it would be better than using my mobile phone and don't need to pull out my laptop. It will surely drive up the Nintendo console sales too. If Nintendo added some content, that would be a bonus too.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people against fortnite being on switch are just the typical "BUT MUH OPINION MATTERS!! NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY THINGS I DISLIKE!!1" with no real evidence of it being bad for the platform. Chances are, since it is still a popular and growing game, it will move more switch units, so, it is actually better for nintendo and the common switch user, since more units sold = more future third party support.

As of myself, i would fucking buy a switch right now if fortnite were on it, since playing on a mobile device without true controllers kind of sucks...
I doubt Fortnite would be a huge selling point for the Switch. It's on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and it's coming to Android and iOS. Any phone from the last couple years will probably be able to run it, so why would people go and buy a Switch when they probably already have a device that will play it just fine? Not as many people care about physical controls as you think.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The more the merrier I guess. I'm not into these games, but surely it will some people happy. So, why not?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PUBG's Xbox console exclusive.

Oh?! I didn't know that. I wonder how much MS paid for exclusivity and if it's timed-exclusive, how long will it last.

Also, are there battle royale games on the PS4?

edit: nevermind, Fortnite is already multiplatform. Just came from google. lol.

Last edited by ov3rkill,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt Fortnite would be a huge selling point for the Switch. It's on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and it's coming to Android and iOS. Any phone from the last couple years will probably be able to run it, so why would people go and buy a Switch when they probably already have a device that will play it just fine? Not as many people care about physical controls as you think.
It wont move a lot of consoles, but it sure will help to move some. Portability and physical controls are already selling point for a lot of people who already plays on ios but cant stand the touch controls...

If you combine the popularity of both the game and the console, it sure will result in good news for both the game's developers and the console's company.

D

Deleted User

I'm in the don't give a shit category because I don't give a shit about this game. I suppose Switch hacking could lead to cheating which is a valid reason for this game not to appear on the Switch.
As of myself, i would fucking buy a switch right now if fortnite were on it, since playing on a mobile device without true controllers kind of sucks...
Is there any reason you would prefer to "fucking buy a switch" over buying a controller for your phone?

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally am 100% against this because
1. It’s overrated
2. Nintendo doesn’t like to follow trends. It’s a trend.
3. mIcrOtRaNSActioNS
4. For some reason it just doesn’t seem like a good fit to me
5. I’m tired of people talking about fortnite at my school. it’s really annoying because its all that anybody talks about. this would make my (and im sure many other people’s) issue worse.
6. it’s SERIOUSLY overrated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?