Gaming Anyone else hate the Job system in FFIII?

Resident0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I totally hate it, it really sucks, im tired of switching to a new job to have to level up another 5 hours to get any of my characters to do any damage.

And you can't beat the game with only one job setup, so you have to keep training them over and over again, zzz...

Wish they had just had the system of FFXII where you just get the licenses after levelling up and every character can use everything.

Much better.
wub.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally hate it, it really sucks, im tired of switching to a new job to have to level up another 5 hours to get any of my characters to do any damage.

And you can't beat the game with only one job setup, so you have to keep training them over and over again, zzz...

Wish they had just had the system of FFXII where you just get the licenses after levelling up and every character can use everything.

Much better.Â
wub.gif

Your reasons are the same as mine. I HATED the job system/leveling on a constant basis that just inflated the game time unnecessarily. I quit playing it because of that. Just too annoying.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Much better.Â
wub.gif

Your reasons are the same as mine. I HATED the job system/leveling on a constant basis that just inflated the game time unnecessarily. I quit playing it because of that. Just too annoying.

Wow these posts are great, especially regarding arguably the best system in all of final fantasies; job systems. That's what makes people love 3, 5 and tactics to death. If you ask me, all the other systems aren't worth a cent compared to job systems...this includes the esper system, materia system, GF/draw (god horrible bs), slot system, gambit system, orb system etc etc....all convoluted crap making final fantasy an easier game in general. Job system = me is the only method so far to get a broader gaming experience from FF by truly having the option to customize your characters (more so in 5 than 3). Job system is actually the only innovative system that I enjoyed in all the ones I've played....but yes it is and just is a personal opinion. My brother loves XII and I don't doubt it's a good game, but he admits the game is much easier than using a job system (though there are the hard parts like the yazmat dragon etc). But if you hate the job system, classic FF's aren't for you, go play all the new eye candy that takes 10 min per summon from PSX+. That's my advice to you.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF3's job system isn't inherently bad, but it's flawed. The problem lies in the fact that it wastes time; requiring a player to level grind does not add legitimate difficulty, it's just mean.

Part of the reason I enjoy FF5 as much as I do is because it fixes the flaws that FF3's job system had; a player wouldn't need to spend excessive time leveling up the way that FF3 requires.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anything wrong with the way jobs are leveled up in FF3, FF5's implementation is better as I've mentioned and I agree...but certainly nothing wrong with 3. I don't see it as all that time consuming either (compared to other FF's). It's not the level grinding that makes the game harder, it's the fun of customizing your teams for different battle occasions and certain situations demand you arrange a team with certain jobs to not get totally raped. Beats the hell out of other FF's where as long as you're high leveled you obliterate everything brainlessly. Not saying I don't love the other FF's, but the job system holds a special place for me I guess.

Resident0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see anything wrong with the way jobs are leveled up in FF3, FF5's implementation is better as I've mentioned and I agree...but certainly nothing wrong with 3. I don't see it as all that time consuming either (compared to other FF's). It's not the level grinding that makes the game harder, it's the fun of customizing your teams for different battle occasions and certain situations demand you arrange a team with certain jobs to not get totally raped. Beats the hell out of other FF's where as long as you're high leveled you obliterate everything brainlessly. Not saying I don't love the other FF's, but the job system holds a special place for me I guess.

I understand your reasoning, but the point is it should be made so you can complete the game however u choose to play, but FFIII makes it so that even if you over level, you still wont win, unless you have picked a certain job setup and stuck to it...

Kinda unfair, its like playing through all of HALO 2 and then being told "You can't win the game because you used too many sniper shots instead of using the machine gun!" seems a bit bleh...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would have played FFIII to the end if it wasn't for the silly job thing. I got fed up when I had to shrink to enter the village. I soon got fed up of it and never played it again.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone else has said it already but I will say it again:
FF3 is an old title and FF5 improves on it nicely, you get the ability to mix and match jobs which I think is great (and probably why FF5 is my favourite).

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't stand to play this game long enough to get sick of the job system. I don't care how old the original version of the game is, this is a remake, and the blatant flaws should be fixed.

The reason I stopped playing is that it's so slow. The battles take at least twice as long as they need to, just waiting for stupid animations to finish. Making me spend an hour leveling is one thing, making an hours worth of leveling take two hours is unacceptable.

Also, the 3D graphics blow. It would have looked 10 times better if they had spen the same amount of time and money redoing the graphics in 2D.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have played FFIII to the end if it wasn't for the silly job thing. I got fed up when I had to shrink to enter the village. I soon got fed up of it and never played it again.

wow, that exact same thing happened to me...

I might try to pick it up again someday though.

Im all about the espers, though. I love FF3/6

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put me off the game, I play Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon for jobs, Final Fantasy I don't play for jobs.

I'm totally off RPG's right now, they're just the same for about the last 10 years or so, loved Mario & Luigi 2 just for the retro nods and humour. Looking forward to Spectrobes, just hoping its not just another Pokemon clone.

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I picked one of the craziest teams and was still able to beat the game without needing to change to different jobs. I never once stopped to level up my characters until I reached the final boss. Only then did I take some time to level and make sure I didn't die.

I think the job system in FF III was nice because it let you choose what ever team you wanted, provided you had the skill level to use the team properly.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the job system, but I hate levelling it up especially later in the game. I had to start from scratch on a few jobs at the last level and it's so slow and tedius and I simply do not have the patience for that. FF3 is probably going to be my only unfinished DS game. I HATE the last area. HATE HATE HATE. The whole game was super easy, but that last area is complete hell since you can't save anywhere near the final boss.

Kyuketsuki_M

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoever said you should like FF3, because it has a job system like FF Tactics, doesn't remember the beauty of Tactics....or do I just not remember?
frown.gif

In Tactics couldn't you have support jobs...so if you're a Dragoon, you could still throw like a ninja for example? Or am I thinking of another game?

FF3 is great because it's FINAL FANTASY
biggrin.gif
. But I don't like the system either.....and I know it's age too...I'm old enough to remember the original release.

Janous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didnt like FF3 Job system either...
FFT still gets the first place when it comes to Game systems...lvl up was really fun

[Jez]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FFT Taught me about prime numbers, the combination of learning and killing things makes it the greatest FF of all time
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter