Hardware Anyone here in college?

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm at college and the internet I don't know how to connect to the internet from my 3DS. The security type here is WPA2-Enterprise and Encryption type is AES. I can scan for access networks but I can't connect to any of them. I connected my laptop by putting in my username and password that i use for my college, but i can't do that here. Is it even possible?

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This might not be the optimal solution, but it works for me -

Use your laptop/pc to connect. Log in and so-on. Then download a program called connectify (assuming you have a spare wireless usb/pci card) which will then broadcast your internet connection.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hummm I'm not sure. All our wifi is open here.

What Melee said would work though.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
darkdenizen said:
So I'm at college and the internet I don't know how to connect to the internet from my 3DS. The security type here is WPA2-Enterprise and Encryption type is AES. I can scan for access networks but I can't connect to any of them. I connected my laptop by putting in my username and password that i use for my college, but i can't do that here. Is it even possible?
The 3ds can't show you a username and password prompt box, so until the browser is released you can't use it without doing what Melee54 said.

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work with connectify!!! Thanks!!
EDIT: Is there a way to change the encryption at all? So I can play some regular DS games online?

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkdenizen said:
Got it to work with connectify!!! Thanks!!
EDIT: Is there a way to change the encryption at all? So I can play some regular DS games online?

I've yet to set up wifi on my 3DS, but you'll probably have to set up a separate wifi thing on it for using WEP (old DS games) and WPA for 3DS games. Then just switch between depending on what you want to play. But on connectify, yes, you can change the security settings.

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you mind putting up a quick tutorial on how to change the security settings? Because I can't change how the school secures its wifi.

When it asks for what kind of hotspot mode I'm not able to select WEP or anything.

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkdenizen said:
Would you mind putting up a quick tutorial on how to change the security settings? Because I can't change how the school secures its wifi.

When it asks for what kind of hotspot mode I'm not able to select WEP or anything.

Your school's internet will always be whatever they have it set to be. But in connectify, in either the Wi-Fi tab or the easy wizard thing, you can quick choose if you want it (connectify) to broadcast WEP or WPA. So even if your school is WPA2, once you're connected, Connectify can broadcast it in WEP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1