Gaming Anyone played skate 3?

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100% worth buying, esp if you can get it on the cheap. Hall of Meat mode is vastly improved and excellent fun, though unfortunately if you want to play multi you're going to have to get some DLC. And the multi isn't even as good as Skate 2. But still very very fun! So deffo get it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the controls were pretty good in 2 with nothing especially obvious that could be done to improve it, hall of meat controls are a bit better mind you. I might go so far as to say I liked the level in Skate 2 more but that is not to say 3 is bad by any means.

Also, as mentioned, the local multiplayer was nerfed until DLC (they did a whole online thing though which I am told was good) which is classic EA but there is nothing stopping you setting a checkpoint and throwing the controller over. The DLC itself.... the Hawaiian pack is pretty good and San Van party pack is the one that restored local play but the others are nothing much.

Overall I am not going to say go with skate 2 if you are coming in cold and I can see how some (a very small number at that) coming from 2 would feel slightly less than stellar about it when it was brand new but Amazon has it down as 17 USD brand new and you can improve on that loads when going second hand. That or Borderlands next week it is Borderlands but if you are passing on that for now then definitely Skate 3.

ColeGingeyRamey

OP
Trophies
Website
easyfreebiez.com
XP
Country
United States
I played 2 but I really thought the flicking of the ps3 analog sticks got harder and harder. I'm a skater in real life but it's easier to land a tre-flip than to do the button analog combo flick sh*t. Don't get me wrong I like how they incorporated better physics. And the Flick system is cool but I find it harder than landing the trick in real life.

I landed a double heelflip easier than the game has incorporated the flick to do it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Easier to land tricks in real life.... that really does not sit right in my head (fingers/thumbs and feet not tending to operate in the same logic and all) although it might be the whole guitar hero vs actually playing thing again. I am possibly inclined to blame the playstation analogue sticks as they are really not suited to this compared to the 360 (the lower resistance would really throw it for me). I must admit some of the more exotic flips get me when I play a game of skate (as in get letters) on splitscreen/alternating (although that might be because my brothers can somehow laser flip perfectly every time) but the main game tends to be more about the simple flips, grabs and shoves and flailing around beyond that with the stick tends to do when I need to get a lot of points in.

Also multi flip in the game is do a normal flip and then hold it, granted it takes a bit more of a realistic angle than the old Tony Hawk titles (no double flips up waist high blocks and all that) but none are really what I would call hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?