Homebrew Anyone working on a region free N3DS hack?

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Particularly with the situation with the whole standard N3DS not coming to NA. Why isn't there any news of people working on a region-freeing the N3DS? There's already one for the OG 3DS, but compatibility the newer models would be more useful.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ShadowOne333

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit doesn't work on New 3DSs yet. There isn't no one working on it yet though.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-karl3ds-kernel-access-on-n3ds-via-ninjhax-loadcode.382113/unread
Gateway might have an update too some day.

If you need to do something with your N3DS now then themes work I guess.

edit: damn, beaten

Lol.
I was hoping you wouldn't mention Gateway. I shouldn't have to be forced into piracy and risk being banned from online just to play on an imported a system that should've been an option here from day 1.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol.
I was hoping you wouldn't mention Gateway. I shouldn't have to be forced into piracy and risk being banned from online just to play on an imported a system that should've been an option here from day 1.

You don't have to use it for piracy though. Can't it back up and play your game from other regions?

Also welcome to Nintendo. Region locking sucks.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess thats one option. But I swap games with friends. Plus I may need the NA eshop.

And they get offended when people hack their systems.

You won't be able to access the US eshop from a JAP 3ds. That's separate from region free patching and requires ARM9 hax and a donor US 3ds from what I've gathered (in which you might as well just use that US 3DS in the first place).

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a working one for other 3DS as you said, but the coder said he's not really interested to make it work on N3DS (but it might actually instead be that it can't be done).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [uploads TP] :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan I bet your mom found out you watching those kind of vids on your 3ds again, and put a limit on you.
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    first of all, i don't watch those kinds of videos, and if i did i'd pull a verbalase 50k but with wizards and wario
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    second of all, i don't even have a 3ds
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    OnlyWizard&WarioFans.com
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just want a wizard to stick his wand (whether literal or figurative is up to interpretation, either way it's either freaky or sus, or both i guess) up my ass
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm making Texas sheet cake for first time today, my Nieghbor brought us some few weeks ago and damn that's good, so I got her recipe and gonna try it today.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    mmm, sounds good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not a brownie, and its not a cake, so what is it- Texas sheet cake.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded out of the cakes everywhere while baking, was still ok tho, just no lava inside.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for them to play in. Well today I woke to find 3 ducks swimming around in it. Don't mind really but they are annoyingly loud, quack quack. Gotta drain it today. Guess what were having for dinner, lol.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lol
    BBQ'd 🦆
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i'm sorry your molten lava cakes failed
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just looked up a pic of texas sheet cake, and it looks delicious
    +1
    🌋 Science Project?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used butter instead of vegetable oil, and think that's why they squirted out during baking, who knows
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah i think oil is the right call
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus if you're making brownies or lava cakes for people with dairy allergies, you should use oil instead of butter anyway
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests...