anyway to unbrick?

Paulhommie2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,
I'm hoping someone has had this problem or knows a solution to fix it. My son accidently updated his switch to 17.0 without updating hekate or atmosphere. The switch has a modchip in it so I thought this would be an easy fix but I cannot get into hekate or atmosphere or anything. When the switch starts up the screen is black for a while, then it gives the nintendo screen for a second and then back to black. On my switch if I start it up without the sd card I get the typical no sd card screen but when I turn his on without the sd card Im just getting black then eventually the nintendo logo for a sec then black again. Its not acting like it should with no sd card. His modchip is going from purple to green like normal. I have completely remade his sd card but I am completely stuck. After a few hours of googling I wanted to ask the community for help. Is this completely bricked? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried modchip bypass boot? Hold both volume +/- buttons while powering on till Ninty boot splash logo... it should boot into OFW.

Paulhommie2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried modchip bypass boot? Hold both volume +/- buttons while powering on till Ninty boot splash logo... it should boot into OFW.
Yes, I have tried that for a few times with no luck. It will flash the Nintendo logo then go black again. The mod chip is flashing green while this happens.

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's coincidence that the modchip started to give errors after update, did you have someone install modchip? If so, I suggest you take it back to them if you can't even bypass modchip to boot OFW.

Paulhommie2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just reading how a flashing green light means it may be stuck in toolbox mode. I think your right, I did have someone install it so I will reach out to then. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

misterion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a thought. Could the early alpha of Atmosphere for 17.0 be the problem?

.. please check if it is this issue :

Just rcm after 12-15 sec of holding the power button. Then update to atmosphere 1.6.2 .
This updates:

An improved solution to the problem that would cause consoles which had previously re-built their SYSTEM partition to brick on update-to-17.0.0 was added.
  • In particular, booting atmosphère will now automatically detect the problem and unbrick any consoles which have fallen into this state.
I hope that this was the problem ...! Good luck!

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch