Apple Does it again Loses a Prototype iPhone

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
It's clearly a marketing ploy- if they claim to have had one 'stolen', the apple fanclub will flood google trying to find pictures of it (even though it will most likely be a white rectangle with a screen on it). Then the strangely apple obsessed news networks will report it as news that people are trying to find out what it looks like. Soon after an official reveal- complete with standing ovation- will happen, then it will be released for far too much money, the news will report how popular it has sold and how bloody world changing it is and the cycle continues

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fake and intentional. I somehow believed the first case, but this is just ridiculous. I'm not going to pay any more attention to this, got my mind on a Galaxy S Plus anyway. Fuck this.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Fake and intentional. I somehow believed the first case, but this is just ridiculous. I'm not going to pay any more attention to this, got my mind on a Galaxy S Plus anyway. Fuck this.
Since I had to give away my iPhone to my uncle, I plan to get the Galaxy SII. I've always thought the first one was intentional, but a second time is just ridiculous.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
suprgamr232 said:
Qtis said:
chris888222 said:
Are they leaving behind prototypes on purpose?

Are they creating unnecessary hype for a product that probably won't have anything new compared to competitors, except the closed iOS? Probably yes.

I like how the iPhone iOS is built, but otherwise I don't understand the hype about the iPhone. Actually I could imagine Symbian S^3 reaching the same level of the current iOS in a few months if the next S^3 update is released on time..

-Qtis

InB4 Apple rage, I do have a 2010 15" MBP and I'm quite pleased with it. Comparing phones on the other hand is quite something else and I actually could see companies like Nokia managing to get better phones than the iPhone is if they could just get the software part updated on par with the iOS. Just look what Google has done with the Android
smile.gif

I wholeheartedly agree. Sure, iPhones were great and one of a kind when they first came out but now...Android and Symbian will surpass it. In fact, IMO, Android has surpassed iOS a while ago. I feel like they're just creating completely unnecessary hype which they don't need because they have thousands of Apple fanboys who'll support them even if they create an iSuckAtEverything.
I'd love to agree with you and all, but Nokia, a major Symbian developer, has decided to stop development in the coming years.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My iphone's headphone jack broke a month after warranty... about $200 to repair... hmmm...

No more iphone for me.

It's totally fake, no one would steal it.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
chris888222 said:
Singapore is a clear iPhone predominant nation. Anywhere you go, no matter how you go be it the bus or train, about half of the people are using their iPhone right in front of your face. Reason? Us singaporeans love to compete and hate to lose out to one another; or in local context, kiasu. Many also think that the iPhone is 'superior' and yeah, brag to everyone else. The main reason why I got myself an iPhone is because I heard that iPhones are largely durable.

I have to admit, the iPhone is actually more durable than any other phone I've used (Galaxy S II is still early). I've been using the iPhone 4 for more than a year now, and to be frank I'm quite happy with it.

The reason why they left a prototype? I bet it is to create unnecessary hype.
+1 on that!

When I was in Singapore last year almost everyone had iPhone (that too iPhone 4, not a single 3GS in sight!), some had Blackberry and a few had both
tongue.gif

One poor soul had a Sony-Ericsson and seemed rather unhappy holding it
tongue.gif

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
To above: Having tried both, I personally am much more comfortable with a much more customizable GUI, with many more free applications. Having imposed limitations that Apple puts on their devices really only gets you so far.

To the article: Yeah, this is some bogus Apple's pulling to rake in more cash. A pretty low blow to upll the SAME cheap trick twice, but oh well: if it works, good for them. Not a whole lot we can do.
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong