ROM Hack AR codes/trainer/etc from slot-1?

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello, resident idiot here.

As the topic would indicate, I use a DS, and I emulate. I use an Acekard for slot-1, and an EZ 3-in-1 for slot-2. People usually say that to throw codes onto your GBA roms, to use a computer based trainer to add the codes to the ROM then throw it back on the card. This is kind of a pain imho, and I don't see why there can't be a homebrew that does the same thing while sitting on your card. IE, you'd not have to take your card out of the system, plug it into the comp, adjust the rom, reload it to the card, and throw the card back in the system. Instead, you'd modify the rom directly from your card prior to having the slot-2 engine take over while loading the game and cutting out the rest of the processes.

In a different discussion, someone indicated that they had heard of such a program, but didn't know the name of it. So, does one exist? Or am I just daydreaming?

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, that answer was dramatically short-sighted and authoritarian...

I'm pretty sure that the style of trainer/cheater/whatever you want to call it/ that I brought up in the first post fully is possible and workable. Most people who ask if you can cheat from the slot-1 device are shot down because when you start the gba portion of the ds, all slot-1 function gets shut down, making an on-board cheat engine fail. but there's no reason whatsoever why an in-card trainer program that literally rewrites the ROM, just like the ones on the computer do, can't exist.

But, on the other hand, I'm familiar enough with the scene to be fully aware that just because someone has a clever idea to make the scene even better than it is does not normally mean that someone who has the programming ability will have any desire to jump up and realize those thoughts. In fact, it's far more likely that they won't.

Sigh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A