Arcade1Up announces three new arcade cabinets ahead of E3

Cabinets.png

While E3 is still hours away, arcade cabinet manufacturer Arcade1Up has announced three new, officially licensed arcade machines ahead of the event. These include a Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga joint themed "Class of 81" machine, a Street Fighter II themed machine, and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time machine. While the Turtles in Time cabinet will only feature the game it's themed after, both the Class of 81' and Street Fighter II themed machines will contain a variety of different games included in the single cabinet.

• Street Fighter™ll Big Blue Arcade Machine - To celebrate the 30th anniversary of its release, this Arcade1Up cabinet features a phenomenally iconic game list of 12 classic Capcom titles: Street Fighter™ II: Championship Edition, Street Fighter™ II' Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter™ II Turbo, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo™, Darkstalkers™, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge™, Darkstalkers 3™, Saturday Night Slam Masters™, Knights of the Round ™, Eco Fighters™, Capcom Sports Club™, and Muscle Bomber Duo™ are ALL packed inside this machine. Preorders begin July 1.
  • Ms. PAC-MAN/Galaga Class of 81' Arcade Machine - Power up that nostalgia with the iconic Ms. PAC-MAN™, as you guide her through those infamous mazes while evading BLINKY, PINKY, INKY and SUE. Then, fend off endless descending swarms of alien enemies with GALAGA™. Oh, and that's just the start of the phenomenal game list packed inside: GALAGA™ '88, GALAXIAN™, DIG DUG™, DIG DUG™ II, MAPPY™, RALLY-X™, ROLLING THUNDER™, ROMPERS™, TOWER OF DRUAGA™, and KING AND BALLOON™ are ALL also included. Preorders begin in August.
  • Turtles in Time™ Home Arcade Machine - "Cowabunga!" this new Arcade1Up machine allows you to take control of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, or Raphael with up to four simultaneous players, making for endless animation inspired fun. Preorders to begin July 1.

Though pre-order dates have been announced, no price or official release dates have been confirmed. Pre-orders will be available via Arcade1Up's website.

:arrow:SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Wonder how easy it would be to gut these and put a MAME machine in it. I've been wanting to build an arcade cabinet for my home but getting the pieces together and making the controllers seems so daunting.
It's shockingly easy to throw a Pi 4 inside and call it a day.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the other two but what's so different about the Turtles in Time cab ...well compare to the one that they already released? ...the art work?
Besides the artwork being changed this new machine also has a light up marquee, a light up arcade panel, and built in wifi for online multiplayer with other people who have the same arcade1up cabinet.

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Sad they don't sell outside America and Canada, because their products look good quality and are pretty inexpensive.
Bad quality was a complain on first batches they had, looks like they improved since then.

I would buy any street fighter 2 machine if I could, just for the looks (I would throw a PC with MAME inside).

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sad they don't sell outside America and Canada, because their products look good quality and are pretty inexpensive.
They're really not that great, quality wise. The sticks they use become super loose after weeks of light to medium use and the buttons feel awful.

D

Deleted User

Whilst there may be people that say one can just download an Arcade Cabinet Schematic and cut some Wood for a DIY Project, the fact of the matter is not many would either have the Working Space to start that Project nor want to, myself included.

I'm not sold on the Design Quality of these and luckily there are Australian Manufacturers that are closer to my Neck of the Woods and seem to do a better job with their Cabinets. At the end of the day, a good Cabinet is what most Gamers are actually considering when buying.

So if Official Licenses are the only thing this slew have going for them, on this Gaming Website, then I wish them the best of luck ...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did the original Turtles in Time cabinet really have such ugly 3D art on it? I don't remember it looking that bad, but maybe that's just childhood nostalgia talking.

Edit: Yep, just nostalgia goggles. It really was that oogly.
Yes, it... Oh, I'm ninja'ed by yourself. :P

Their first turtle game wasn't much better either cover - wise. My theory is that Konami had two completely different teams back then. Everyone with something of talent was on creating the games, while some intern who didn't know tmnt somehow had to create something for a cover.

The strange result is that for the life of me I can't imagine anyone buying that cabinet. Heck... If I had money and place for that thing, I'd ask them if they could leave it unpainted.

Reactions: Xzi

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder how easy it would be to gut these and put a MAME machine in it. I've been wanting to build an arcade cabinet for my home but getting the pieces together and making the controllers seems so daunting.
I’d go for the Street Fighter one. You can probably use the existing controls (or swap them) and use the same layout.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The strange result is that for the life of me I can't imagine anyone buying that cabinet. Heck... If I had money and place for that thing, I'd ask them if they could leave it unpainted.
Yeah there were at least a few custom jobs in the search results that look far better. Would probably be pretty cheap to commission someone for that, or even cheaper to just get vinyl prints.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have the Street Fighter cab, running MAME/Retroarch. Definitely worth owning if you mod them.

Would also buy the Golden Axe (4-player) cab or the nba jam one, but it's almost impossible to get one here in EU.

IMG_20191214_132435.jpg IMG_20210612_090802.jpg IMG_20210613_012653.jpg

Last edited by Ninn,

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
They're just so tiny. My full size cab sometimes seems cramped with two people, I wouldn't want to play multiplayer on one of them. I also wonder about input lag on these emulation machines. They seem to use ancient versions of MAME and FinalBurn (sometimes with RetroArch) and some run of the mill 17" LCDs - I'm having a hard time getting input lag down on my cab using current MAME with FreeSync enabled, ActiveSync LCD and a Gsync GPU.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They're just so tiny. My full size cab sometimes seems cramped with two people, I wouldn't want to play multiplayer on one of them. I also wonder about input lag on these emulation machines. They seem to use ancient versions of MAME and FinalBurn (sometimes with RetroArch) and some run of the mill 17" LCDs - I'm having a hard time getting input lag down on my cab using current MAME with FreeSync enabled, ActiveSync LCD and a Gsync GPU.
The size of this cabs are good if you live in an apartment. A full size arcade machine would take too much space on an a apartment. If you live in a house then a full cab size wouldn.t be a problem.
I have never experienced any input lag on mine. You can use the lastest MMAME/Retroarch, that's why you mod them.
Also, the monitor can be upgraded up to a bigger one easily if you want, many have done it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol