Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mew512

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if i should get a mac i like the UI but i think there are a considerably amount less of programs for macs, unless you can run windows programs on macs i dont think i should get one

So what do you think should people get macs?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had one and couldnt stand it for a day they suck if youve been using windows.. as far as ui goes just get a bricopack
wink.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
depends on what you do on a computer. they're great for casual browsing, media, schoolwork e.t.c even though they are pricey. if you like customization or play games regularly stay well away, even though you can install a virtual machine, whats the point of spending all that money on a mac only to install a windows os?

ryuhosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on what you want to do on a Mac, but yes the pricepoint is a bit high especially for macbooks, but it is worth it. Graphic designers, music making, and other stuff does the job for you.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Macs are for people who like shiny things

ryuhosuke said:
Depends on what you want to do on a Mac, but yes the pricepoint is a bit high especially for macbooks, but it is worth it. Graphic designers, music making, and other stuff does the job for you.
That quote is not applicable in this day and age... it's a stereotype left over from the powerpc days.

steve19137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
ust research hackintosh and install osx
tongue.gif
will be alot cheaper
i second that. just buy a dell mini 10v, and dual boot win7 and osx, and your life will be complete. it take a bit of work, but its so much better than buying an actual mac. way better than that ipad... ugh...

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I really like the new macbooks, they have decent specs and are pretty nice (oh god that trackpad) although they are very pricey and for mainly the exclusive osx which is pretty nice though it really comes down to what job it is that you are doing with your computer.

If you have money to burn/can get it at a good price and need just decent specs than you might be interested in one, other than that a PC loaded with windows can be bought for much cheaper with some higher specs at lower price.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I do not think they are worth the steep price they charge.
Sure it's a nice looking user interface, it's clean... but I'd never pay a LOT of money for a slight better looking interface... while, in my oppinion windows 7 is supperior from an user interface view... (I mean, throw the usb-hard drive in the trash to safe-remove it... ?)

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
In a word no.

However Mac's tend to be the industry standard for music production and graphic design.

You can get a MUCH more powerful PC for the same price or less.

And yes you can run windows application on a Mac. There are a couple of programs that do just that.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Windows boxes are cheaper. If that's what you're used to, just keep using 'em.

I have 1 windows machine and about 6 macs. I've been using macs for years. I usually buy used, and the macs generally stay viable without upgrading for longer, so the price for me has evened out. I much prefer the mac's gui over windows, and it's always fit in with my workflow better overall. So for me, macs are entirely worth it, because I'm more comfortable and productive with 'em than I would be a windows box. If you don't have a reason for switching though, don't. Pretty simple really.

mew512

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know windows are far cheaper that is why they are used so much but that is why they are more vulnerable (i think)

i heard abut a hackintsh before if install a mac osx can i still have xp ultimate installed on my pc having duel boot or something?

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mew512 said:
I know windows are far cheaper that is why they are used so much but that is why they are more vulnerable (i think)

Not unless you have at least 2 braincells and an antivirus that's updated everyday.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate anything that Apple produces, so god no. I love my Gateway laptop with Vista (although it's a family computer), and I'm planning on getting a Windows 7 laptop for school work. Not sure what type though.
unsure.gif

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
ust research hackintosh and install osx
tongue.gif
will be alot cheaper
This. I've been running 10.6 on my pc since i built it. For the $700 it cost me to build it i'd be stuck with a shitty Mini with a duo, instead im running a quad with a gtx260.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i'm taking a break