Are there any decent independent gaming sites targeted at consumers with a focus on quality content?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any decent independent gaming sites targeted at consumers with a focus on quality content?

I can think of VGC, but they're mostly a source for the monotonous gaming press.

It seems that everyone makes a YouTube channel or a podcast instead now, rambling on for twenty minutes about their cat, their new office set-up, or someone they saw in a store last week.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBAtemp is one of the independent gaming sites that focusses on quality content <З
It was until about a year and a half ago then they got that AmandaRose person to write 3 official temp reviews and the quality dropped dramatically. My god her reviews were awful it's no bloody wonder that @Chary hasn't asked her to do any more :rofl2:

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem comes when trying to ask for both independent and quality. If they aren't tied to having to do a song or dance for a certain brand, then the writers are likely underpaid and overworked, and do as much as possible with what they can. I haven't read their articles in a long while, but I recall rockpapershotgun being fairly good. Shoutout to GBAtemp too, of course, haha.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many gaming journalists come off as pathetic NYT rejects where actual gaming coverage is secondary to pushing their twisted agenda. Kotaku maybe is the worst of these? Then there's the sponsored content like @Chary mentioned which seems pretty heavy at big sites like IGN and GameSpot. I mainly check in with Gematsu to keep apprised of weeb shit and sometimes Nintendo Life. Everything else I usually come across through being reposted somewhere such as GBAtemp.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: [faaaaaaaaart] :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: OMg [faaaaaaaaaaart]... +1