Homebrew Question Are there any good PS1 emulators for switch?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, got alpha ver. of duckstation for switch from discord...for those who are wondering, it looks very promising for those who want a good psx performance in HOS :D, did a quick test with Tekken 3.

2x res (i see no point in going further on switch), pgxp corrections, dithering on, disabled interlacing, STOCK CLOCKS. Runs fullspeed.

vid
Is the alpha for patreon people or everyone atm?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now.... it's an Alpha build remember..
the point was him testing it at 480p claiming thats good enough. would have been a different story if he actually set it to 720P instead and gave a legit review instead of setting the bare minimum to make claims about how good it is

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
the point was him testing it at 480p claiming thats good enough. would have been a different story if he actually set it to 720P instead and gave a legit review instead of setting the bare minimum to make claims about how good it is
lmao, you are blaming me for not properly reviewing it :rofl2: sorry dude, full review only for my patreons... on a serious note, i just did a 3 min test to see if it was working at all, you can grab the .nro for yourself and test whatever you want with whatever settings you prefer.

p.s. just for you, i set it to 720p, it runs fullspeed, no OC. Starts chugging at 4x.

Last edited by bad361,

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kind of the whole point of this thread
I thought the point was to be good, not necessarily the best way? And if this alpha DuckStation is already really good all things considered, consider me surprised!

I myself don't need 720p for an emulator, even if it means pixelly polygons. As long as games play great, ya know? But that's just my view on it.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao, you are blaming me for not properly reviewing it :rofl2: sorry dude, full review only for my patreons... on a serious note, i just did a 3 min test to see if it was working at all, you can grab the .nro for yourself and test whatever you want with whatever settings you prefer.

p.s. just for you, i set it to 720p, it runs fullspeed, no OC. Starts chugging at 4x.
I just tested it for shits and giggles and it doesn't even increase the resolution like at all it still looks like a horrible pixelated mess. lakka is far superior and actually makes the graphics look vastly better

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I just tested it for shits and giggles and it doesn't even increase the resolution like at all it still looks like a horrible pixelated mess. lakka is far superior and actually makes the graphics look vastly better
gotta put on some glasses i guess, cause res scale def works for me

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
nope its because it was set to vulkan by default which wouldn't increase the res but yeah 720P chugs like crazy with OpenGL and without overclock. the graphics still look worse than lakka
There are plenty of ppl with mariko/oled switches who can't use lakka/android. Duckstation for HOS is gonna be the best way to play psx in HOS in the near future.

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so the news spreads fast...

nope its because it was set to vulkan by default which wouldn't increase the res but yeah 720P chugs like crazy with OpenGL and without overclock. the graphics still look worse than lakka
there's no Vulkan in this version, I just forgot to disable the menu entry. It defaults to either renderers if Vulkan is chosen idk which one.

In any case I'll write a deko3d renderer, which should perform comparable or better than Vulkan.

Fastmem is also not ported over yet, so there's more potential for performance there too. This is more or less the minimal releaseable version, but I figured it's already good for a lot of people with the situation of ps1 emulators on Switch.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the news spreads fast...

there's no Vulkan in this version, I just forgot to disable the menu entry. It defaults to either renderers if Vulkan is chosen idk which one.

In any case I'll write a deko3d renderer, which should perform comparable or better than Vulkan.

Fastmem is also not ported over yet, so there's more potential for performance there too. This is more or less the minimal releaseable version, but I figured it's already good for a lot of people with the situation of ps1 emulators on Switch.
if you can get it working comparable to Lakka I'm all for it because really PSX is the only reason I use lakka everything else works fine with HOS (well other than Dolphin but I feel thats a lost cause on Switch lol). at the moment yes it is vastly better than pcsx rearmed though.

Last edited by deathblade200,

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
if you can get it working comparable to Lakka I'm all for it because really PSX is the only reason I use lakka everything else works fine with HOS (well other than Dolphin but I feel thats a lost cause on Switch lol). at the moment yes it is vastly better than pcsx rearmed though.
how do you set up laka? i also wnat to use psx on my switch to work good...

ahmedal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm not wrong!
Hah really funny, Duckstation on Switch is already a thing now. And it's perfect.
Post automatically merged:

Man the Polygon Correction works like a charm.

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 19.19.52.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 19.19.51.jpeg

Last edited by ahmedal_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol his pole numbers went up after the conviction, street cred lol