Arnold Schwarzen

OP
Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
For the most part I think the answer is yes, however games could be cheaper. Personally I don't play a lot of multiplayer so I'm not sure if a game like Brutal Legend is worth the full 60 bucks (for me). Uncharted 2 on the other hand has co-op missions that act as a part of continuing the story, and is very deep in gameplay. I kind of wish that Sony and Microsoft would use digital distribution as a way for the consumer to buy the portion of the game the player wants. For example if I wanted to only play the story mode of a game they would charge me 30-40 dollars, and if I wanted multiplayer they could charge me 20-30 dollars. Of course this is all wishful thinking, but the big three could see more of a return on games that aren't as popular or are not as well established. My point is that at least they would get more money from those willing to "try" a game for 30-40 dollars. Plus lets not forget that 60 dollars these days "gets you in the door", and then DLC three to six months later is coming out for an additional 10-20 dollars. Fable 2 was recently released in chapters on XBL; why not do this with more games? Even if you buy the first chapter and never go back, thats more money they got from you than if you never intended to buy the full retail version anyway. I would like to hear thoughts and comments on this, agree or disagree.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The true worth of a game 100% on a case by case basis.

I'd easily pay $100 to play a Tales game.
On the other side, i'd probably be willing to play Fable 3 if someone paid me $100 to do it.

Also I somewhat agree selling different portions of a game separate. But it'd never happen because they want to sell people shit games like CoD as a full package, not discount it because no one wants to even touch the lame ass singleplayer mode.

Releasing games in chapters is a good idea if the game is good. If it's a piece of shit like the Fable series is turning into, it's financial suicide. Because people will buy and play the first chapter, then quit. Where as they might have been super excited for the game, bought the entire thing, and THEN found out it was terrible (a lot of people do that). Fable 2 got me like that.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell games by parts is ok. Allow pay or free dlc is ok.

Overpricing each part like it was a full game is not ok.
Overpricing a 1/2 game and selling overprice dlc for the full game is not ok. Specially
if it already on the CD.

Some games may be worth it, but I tend to wait it out to $40.00

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1