Hacking Atmosphere booting on 3.0.0 with latest commits

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice! But can you cold boot into atmosphere?
Everything you boot via the recovery mode exploit is essentialy coldbooting.
"coldboot" = executing arbitrary code before the operating system boots
(a9lh/b9s/shofusel2 achieve this)
"warmboot" = executing arbitrary code within the running operating system
(savegamesploits/webkitsploits/anything else that executes arbitrary code after the os's boot is a warmboot e.g the hbloader)

what you mean is probably an untethered coldboot, which is not possible as of now.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat, I had no idea this worked yet.

Anyway, still more to do before a "release" though, gotta get rid of remaining instability etc.

What you meant to write was "still more to do before a releasééé. Once done I expect you'll have a partééé.

Also PLEASE have proper user friendly guides on how to install atmosphere on release.

Last edited by isoboy,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you meant to write was "still more to do before a releasééé. Once done I expect you'll have a partééé.

Also PLEASE have proper user friendly guides on how to install atmosphere on release.
I don't recommend this
The thing is not finished. If you can't figure out how to boot it right now it's definitely not for you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Neat, I had no idea this worked yet.

Anyway, still more to do before a "release" though, gotta get rid of remaining instability etc.
How are you coding the thing and had no idea it boots?

D

Deletedmember438770

SciresM, Hack my brain plz :D...

OP and SciresM, is it actually loading from the M-SD as emunand?

Buy SX Pro for the super easy way or you have to search the forums to know about RCM, sending payloads and wait for atmosphere official release.
*buy a jig

SkulllKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
consoles home button + vol+ + power / corrupt bct
Oh no yeah, I mean, a jig, paper clip...

SciresM, Hack my brain plz :D...

OP and SciresM, is it actually loading from the M-SD as emunand?

Buy SX Pro for the super easy way or you have to search the forums to know about RCM, sending payloads and wait for atmosphere official release.

But it is possible to do it now no? And no wait for atmosphere.

*buy a jig
Where?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no yeah, I mean, a jig, paper clip...

But it is possible to do it now no? And no wait for atmosphere.

Where?
If you want to run backups or anything like that now, the best solution is to buy the SX Pro as it comes with everything needed and very easy to setup...

If you don't buy SX Pro now, then I don't think there is much to do at the moment unless you only want emulators, running Linux and things like that...

There is a way to actually run backups with LayeredFS, but it's not really something made 4 that so it is a huge hassle to make games running and switch between them.

To enter RCM you need to either use a jig or mod the rail or joycon (soldering a magnetic switch or add a physical button or solder a resistor or mod the joy-con detachable pin to work as a button for RCM)...

You will have to search on this forum, there is all kinds of info you need to enter RCM and send a payload

ps: I can't just name and explain everything that got released, just informed you of a few stuff out there, now you have to search, there's tuts for everything....

Reactions: SkulllKid

Y0sh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Did you compile this will all the recent creport commits? do you still see your errors showing up in settings?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.