Atmosphere CFW specify Sysnand and Emunand missing. Only have a "Atmosphere CFW" launch option in hekate.

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem. When I go into hekate, and go to launch, I only have a "Atmosphere CFW" launch option. It doesn't say Sysnand, or Emunand. I did create a partition enunand though, but I don't know why I only have a "Atmosphere CFW" launch option. Is Atmosphere being launched into emunand? And is there a way that I can get "Atmosphere - Emunand" and "Atmoshpere - Sysnand" to show up in the launch screen?

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20230518163941.jpg
    WeChat Image_20230518163941.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 74

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What your asking all depends on how your hekate_ipl.ini is configured. But that ini file is what holds your "boot options"

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What your asking all depends on how your hekate_ipl.ini is configured. But that ini file is what holds your "boot options"
I followed the rentry.org guide about how to set up emunand with Atmosphere on a V2 switch, and that website said to put this in my hekate_ipl.ini file:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

I don't know whether I am booting into sysnand with atmosphere or emunand. Am I booting into emunand with the following hekate_ipl.ini file?

Last edited by Entryjyt,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where it says atmosphere cfw. That's the entry you were talking bout. So that entry is chainloading fusee.bin (the "official" way to boot atmosphere) this method is exactly similar to booting hekate select chainload. Then choosing fusee.bin

As for wether your booting into emunand or not. Fusee.bin will automatically choose for you if you have an emunand and it's enabled. (You should be able to check if it's enabled in hekate). Ultimately you won't know 10000% wether you are or not the first time you boot up. After booting it up go to settings, system update. And under where it says update now it'll show a string of numbers and letters.
For example: 15.0.1|1.5.3|E
The first set is the firmware version your on. The next set is what atmosphere version your on. While the ending letter let's you know wether your in emunand or sysnand (s=sysnand, e=emunand)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the rentry.org guide about how to set up emunand with Atmosphere on a V2 switch, and that website said to put this in my hekate_ipl.ini file:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW]
[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

I don't know whether I am booting into sysnand with atmosphere or emunand. Am I booting into emunand with the following hekate_ipl.ini file?

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

Here you go, if you want to use fusee.bin by default it boot emunand if you have an emunand.

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So where it says atmosphere cfw. That's the entry you were talking bout. So that entry is chainloading fusee.bin (the "official" way to boot atmosphere) this method is exactly similar to booting hekate select chainload. Then choosing fusee.bin

As for wether your booting into emunand or not. Fusee.bin will automatically choose for you if you have an emunand and it's enabled. (You should be able to check if it's enabled in hekate). Ultimately you won't know 10000% wether you are or not the first time you boot up. After booting it up go to settings, system update. And under where it says update now it'll show a string of numbers and letters.
For example: 15.0.1|1.5.3|E
The first set is the firmware version your on. The next set is what atmosphere version your on. While the ending letter let's you know wether your in emunand or sysnand (s=sysnand, e=emunand)
Oh, ok thanks

Jay L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0
[Atmosphere CFW]
[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

I just made this whole long post, I followed the same guide and am having the same problem. Also ran into a separate emunand issue following switch.homebrew.guide - that guide gives me the option for the emummc but I get a "failed to launch hos" error when selecting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't