Hacking Atmosphere Daybreak Missing Content Error when updating Firmware

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I'm trying to update my Switch Firmware from version 11.0.0 to the latest 14.1.2 using Daybreak on my Nintendo Switch. I've downloaded the files from darthsternie website and checked them with MD5. But when I try to update with Daybreak the log says:

Validation failed with result: 0x00011805
Missing content:
- Program id: 01000000000000000811
- Version: 14.0.0
- Content id: 862c87b6f1..............

How can I solve this problem? I've already tried with different firmwares such ad 14.0.0, 13.0.2 and others, but the homebrew gives me the same error.

P.S. I moved from SX OS to Atmosphere recently and I'm currently on the latest version of Atmosphere.

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've also tried the same Firmware files on another Switch and they works on the other console. So the problem isn't the files, but something with the Switch (which is on older FW version than the other: 11.0.0 vs 14.0.0)

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
did you update Atmosphere on that console first? Your Daybreak version might simply be old.
Thanks for the reply. I've installed the latest version of Atmosphere downloaded from Github. In the system settings I see this information displayed:

Current system version: 11.0.0|AMS 1.3.2|S

The version of Daybreak in the hbmenu is 1.0.0

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, your files are correct. Perhaps it's an archive bit issue? Try the Archive bit fix in nyx...

Tools-> Arc bit->Fix Archive Bit.

and even before doing that, right-click on the .zip the firmware came from to check if there is a box under properties "unblock".

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?
re-read my post. You replied before I was done editing. You'll need to boot hekate.bin again, via rcm or reboot to payload or whatever (depends on your model and hekate config)

Edit: by the way, what size is your sd card and how much free space do you have in it?

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
re-read my post. You replied before I was done editing. You'll need to boot hekate.bin again, via rcm or reboot to payload or whatever (depends on your model and hekate config)

Edit: by the way, what size is your sd card and how much free space do you have in it?
I've downloaded again the firmware and I removed the block with the right-click. Then I've checked the Archive with Hekate, but nothing happened. The problem is always the same :(

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded again the firmware and I removed the block with the right-click. Then I've checked the Archive with Hekate, but nothing happened. The problem is always the same :(
What format is your card? Is it exfat? I think I saw an issue with that set of files because the exfat driver was missing (but I could do the update anyway, since my card is fat32).

could be mistaken… but I did update my sysnand over the ’net, and then dumped it…

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have cfw on your sysnand right? Why not just update your fw directly from nintendo by booting on ofw?
I think my Switch is already banned, so I can't connect to Nintendo servers. I think that I created a file for blocking Nintendo Server connection when I passed from SX OS to Atmosphere following this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q
What format is your card? Is it exfat? I think I saw an issue with that set of files because the exfat driver was missing (but I could do the update anyway, since my card is fat32).

could be mistaken… but I did update my sysnand over the ’net, and then dumped it…
Yes, the SD is formatted as Exfat.

I've tried the same files on another Switch and works with the same version of Atmosphere and FW. I really don't know what to do at this point. In SX I use to update the firmware with ChoiDujourNX. Actually on my second Switch I've update the firmware before moving from SX OS to Atmosphere using ChoiDujourNX. But now on Atmosphere ChoiDujourNX doesn't work and crashes all the CFW forcing me to reboot in Atmosphere.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my Switch is already banned, so I can't connect to Nintendo servers. I think that I created a file for blocking Nintendo Server connection when I passed from SX OS to Atmosphere following this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

Yes, the SD is formatted as Exfat.

I've tried the same files on another Switch and works with the same version of Atmosphere and FW. I really don't know what to do at this point. In SX I use to update the firmware with ChoiDujourNX. Actually on my second Switch I've update the firmware before moving from SX OS to Atmosphere using ChoiDujourNX. But now on Atmosphere ChoiDujourNX doesn't work and crashes all the CFW forcing me to reboot in Atmosphere.
You need to reinstall the firmware using daybreak. It's also highly recommended that you backup your whole card (including partitions, if you use a partition-based emuEMMC), and then format your card to fat32.

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to reinstall the firmware using daybreak. It's also highly recommended that you backup your whole card (including partitions, if you use a partition-based emuEMMC), and then format your card to fat32.
So I have to install the same firmware that I already have installed on my Switch using Daybreak?

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried to reinstall the current FW (11.0.0 from Daybreak) but it gives me the same error.

I can't format the microSD to FAT32, because Windows says that the default format is exFAT and FAT32 is not an option in the format list.

How can I solve this problem? :ohnoes:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to reinstall the current FW (11.0.0 from Daybreak) but it gives me the same error.

I can't format the microSD to FAT32, because Windows says that the default format is exFAT and FAT32 is not an option in the format list.

How can I solve this problem? :ohnoes:

You have few options to format the SD card, use like Guiformat, Minitool Partition Wizard etc.

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You think that the micro SD format is the issue here? Because on the other Switch that I have with the same micro SD brand I can update without issues (I've just installed FW 14.1.2 and Atmosphere 1.3.2)
Post automatically merged:

@urherenow @Hayato213 @kidkat210

I've just formatted the microSD in FAT32 using Rufus, but Daybreak gives me the same error as before.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by PEVOx,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After re-reading the thread, I have no idea what your issue is. All I can say is the best way to format your sd is within nyx, but this will not solve your issue. I'm not even sure what your issue is, considering you've updated another switch with the same files.

In nyx, open up your sd card info on the problem switch, and post a screenshot of it.

Last edited by urherenow,

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After re-reading the thread, I have no idea what your issue is. All I can say is the best way to format your sd is within nyx, but this will not solve your issue. I'm not even sure what your issue is, considering you've updated another switch with the same files.

In nyx, open up your sd card info on the problem switch, and post a screenshot of it.
Basically I can't find a way to update my Switch to the latest firmware supported by Atmosphere. Daybreak always gives me the same error:

Validation failed with result: 0x00011805
Missing content:
- Program id: 01000000000000000811
- Version: 14.0.0
- Content id: 862c87b6f1............

So I've tried simply to install the recent games with Awoo Installer, but nothing works (probabily, beacause there are some restrictions related to firmware version).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online