Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuclear Crow said:
WildWon said:
Crass said:
It's true that its not the staff's responsibility to babysit it's users, but this type of preventable stuff makes GBAtemp look like a bunch of warez kiddies. And brings a lot of attention negative attention here. But if thats the way the Admins want the site to be run then go for it.

There's all kinds of preventable actions that could have been done for all kinds of situations, but this falls into the "20/20 hind-site" category. Now, if GBAtemp were for Warez Kiddies, we wouldn't still be operating. We would have been closed down long ago, as has happened with many other sites. So it's obvious that the admins don't want that, and have done a good job of keeping it that way
smile.gif

So what you're saying is that we exist in the grey area between legitimacy, and illegitimacy, right?

Not at all. I'm saying that illegitimate sites get shut down. We are a legitimate site that has been running for years, and the whole "warez kiddie" thing is a false example of this site.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think this thred should be closed since tis getting flamy and going nowhere the point has been shown and yeah...

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you reckon they've given him a payment plan? Like $500 a month for the next hundreds of years =p

We should totally set up a fund for him to help him pay off the debt! If everyone donated like a couple of $, he could totally pay them of *nods*

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
junker_man32 said:
hahaha says alot about u gbatempers

your post got deleted... was for a reason... plus your a temper aswell

oooo burn
im not the one who pirates...i was the one telling people id wish the dude who created te gba emulator for iplayer got sued.....and now look what happens..a dirty pirate does this?? hahahah im the one laughing now!

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
full clause here >

For controversial reasons, if you are affiliated with any government, ANTI-Piracy group or any other related group, or were formally a worker of one you CANNOT enter the download section, and CANNOT have access of its files. If you enter then you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that you CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, and CANNOT prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this site which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this website.

a little late now for kongsnutz : /

That has nothing to do with kongsnutz or this situation at all. He lives in Australlia for one.

US Laws don't mean squat there. But also that clause is to cover that website's ass (and is a shoddy job of it) not to protect users.
Depends on the server's location.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
junker_man32 said:
ifish said:
junker_man32 said:

oooo burn
im not the one who pirates...i was the one telling people id wish the dude who created te gba emulator for iplayer got sued.....and now look what happens..a dirty pirate does this?? hahahah im the one laughing now!

why do you come to the temp if you dont pirate? not saying its just pirates here but.... a big part of the fourm is pirating and hacking!

so... you wish they ot sued well just GTFO

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Nuclear Crow said:
WildWon said:
Crass said:
It's true that its not the staff's responsibility to babysit it's users, but this type of preventable stuff makes GBAtemp look like a bunch of warez kiddies. And brings a lot of attention negative attention here. But if thats the way the Admins want the site to be run then go for it.

There's all kinds of preventable actions that could have been done for all kinds of situations, but this falls into the "20/20 hind-site" category. Now, if GBAtemp were for Warez Kiddies, we wouldn't still be operating. We would have been closed down long ago, as has happened with many other sites. So it's obvious that the admins don't want that, and have done a good job of keeping it that way
smile.gif

So what you're saying is that we exist in the grey area between legitimacy, and illegitimacy, right?

Not at all. I'm saying that illegitimate sites get shut down. We are a legitimate site that has been running for years, and the whole "warez kiddie" thing is a false example of this site.
it is cuz the warez kiddie shit...remeber the backup loader and the leak..wat abad reputation taht pulled gbatemp to..and greatly now this!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish, there's no point arguing with a wall. You're just playing into his hand.

junkerman, you were obviously not born with common sense or respect. Or a good vocabulary for that matter.

Both of you, I suggest you stop. It's off topic.

Anyway, I think a small donation fund would be nice. Helping a 'temper out + fighting the man = donations.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
junker_man32 said:
ifish said:
junker_man32 said:

oooo burn

why do you come to the temp if you dont pirate? not saying its just pirates here but.... a big part of the fourm is pirating and hacking!

so... you wish they ot sued well just GTFO
you dont make sense at all first you say why i come here if its pirates and you hate em..then you say but some of us arent/....wel ltaht some is ME! i came here to talk about games and discuss em not pirate..thats what gbatemp was but pirates like u appeared. dont fucking tell me to gtfo because im NOT a pirate.....so u mean gtfo cuz this sites only for pirates?? but yet you say some arent....you gtfo pirate....thats why gbatemp has such bad reputation for pirating.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:

junkerman, you were obviously not born with common sense or respect. Or a good vocabulary for that matter.

Anyway, I think a small donation fund would be nice. Helping a 'temper out + fighting the man = donations.

you are right guildy..

plus i would maybe donat like 10$ is allowed to

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

"HI IM mister English professor LONgstockings going to teach English properly...."
its called typing on the internet

Posts merged

close this thread..no need to make gbatemp look worse than it already is

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
junker_man32 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

"HI IM mister English professor LONgstockings going to teach English properly...."

Posts merged

not a pirate eh?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160...p;#entry2041095

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Posts merged

GTFO No one talks like that.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Alright. Topic closed now. This topic either seems to be devolving into slagging matches or it keeps repeating itself. In either case, no reason to keep it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn