OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seeing the PM gets flooded.
I've decided to take it here.

I've created a simple poll just to gauge your interests.
I meself would like to see some minor temp themed items being raffled off.

You can pick 2 choices, depending on what type of item you'd like to see raffled off and if it should be temp themed or not.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I explained before, I would prefer something like Tempy's Keychain or Tempy's Panties.
PS: So sure gbatemp themed, but not sure if those would classify as small, medium, or big. /s

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is going to be a possible console to raffle I like the idea of a custom made GBA, but also a N2DS XL or N3DS XL for those poor souls who's handhelds ran into the TendoHammer.

Vouchers to Affiliates of the site or the like.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
As @endoverend said, stuff like that can be finicky when you don't buy in bulk, but things like a GBAtemp keychain, or shirt, or coffee mug, all would be cool to get. Later on, I definitely agree that a modded GBA would be sweeeeeet as a prize. Are there any other sponsors for the site besides NDScard?

EDIT: Oh yeah, there would also be the issue of if physical rewards are a thing, the shipping costs, depending on the country. But for Americans, maybe the site could use Vistaprint if shirts/mugs/hoodies/hats/backpacks appeal to the admins as a good choice for a prize. (I say this because they did my business cards for GBAtemp which turned out well)

Last edited by Chary,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
As I explained before, I would prefer something like Tempy's Keychain or Tempy's Panties.
PS: So sure gbatemp themed, but not sure if those would classify as small, medium, or big. /s
someone needs to put that gbatemp thong picture if it still exists

@DinohScene i have a question about the poll. wtf means big or minor items? big in size, or big as expensive?

anyway. like in the PM will post my ideas:

• gbatemp themmed backlight gba (either ags-101, or original modded gba) but please no clone hardware... :C
(you can even include a discount in nds-card for a gba flashcart? )

• everdrive gb x7, which is comming after the summer.. would really love it with gbatemp custom shell.
the winner can also review it (or like i said in pm, staff gets a review unit, reviews it and gives it to raffle winner)

• like we had before, a custom edition gbatemp dstwo card (maybe costello has a room full of theese in secret and he is hoarding them :tpi: )

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a minor note, but with flashcards officially illegal in a lot of countries now, will it do the site good to give them away? Don't get me wrong, an Everdrive would be a dream, but it's something that should be kept in mind.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, the flashcard itself isn't illegal, the reasoning behind it is illegal.
I doubt Nintendo goes after legacy systems tho but eh, your concern is indeed valid.
either way, is my impression\hypeism or is costello quiet lately?
i am excited for his announcement about the raffle

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the flashcard itself isn't illegal, the reasoning behind it is illegal.
I doubt Nintendo goes after legacy systems tho but eh, your concern is indeed valid.
I'm fairly sure actual flashcards are illegal in the UK at least, but each country has its own laws. I might be misinterpreting this from 2010 though.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
either way, is my impression\hypeism or is costello quiet lately?
i am excited for his announcement about the raffle

Pretty sure Costy has something amazing planned!

I'm fairly sure actual flashcards are illegal in the UK at least, but each country has its own laws. I might be misinterpreting this from 2010 though.

Well, Nintendo did make them illegal, however, they're just pieces of plastic and PCB.
If they're used for homebrew development, then it wouldn't make them illegal, I mean, Nintendo uses flashcards to test development builds on their machines.
The piracy part is what makes them illegal for sure.
I'm no expert on the subject tho, but I do agree with Nintendo on them being illegal (for the piracy part)
They got the right to defend their product.

Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1