Hacking Question backing up my firmware

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i rcm my switch and backup my firmware would i get banned. sorry if this is a stupid question i really wanted to backup my 6.2 firmware before i update my switch.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to prevent a ban than keep your console offline and restore a clean nand backup if you want to go online again.
ok so the best bet is to go offline, use the program, backup my nand, then restore my nand, and to clear my logs with the program then im good... thanks for that

Last edited by Darksabre72,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
ok so the best bet is to go offline, use the program, backup my nand, then restore my nand, and to clear my logs with the program then im good... thanks for that
Never clear your logs, that's a known ban trigger. Also if you only run hekate and not CFW (like Atmosphere or SX OS) the risk is pretty low if not even zero since you never booted in CFW.

Reactions: Darksabre72

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also you will need to enable autorcm if you want to restore your nand later and dont update officially. Use choidejornx

Reactions: Darksabre72

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never clear your logs, that's a known ban trigger. Also if you only run hekate and not CFW (like Atmosphere or SX OS) the risk is pretty low if not even zero since you never booted in CFW.
Also you will need to enable autorcm if you want to restore your nand later and dont update officially. Use choidejornx
thanks guys but sadly i am not doing cfw (i have already updated) i am backing up my nand in case i get another switch to cfw or wait for proper emunand. i was using not a homebrew application, but hekate which i learned it's impossible for nintendo to ban you. whenever i get a second switch i will keep this in mind again thanks.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then there is no reason to have a nand backup. You cant simply downgrade the firmware later if you update it using OFW. You will have burnt fuses preventing you from ever downgrading to vanilla untouched OFW. You will have to use a custom boot loader every boot if your fuse count doesnt match

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But for $20 he will still let you...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 That's what God's saying to all of us after we die. lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    God has a record cabinet with my name on it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Why did I create this."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I bet he looks at my record and thinks "he fell off."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like how these earbuds put on a light show like PAIR ME PAIR ME
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's mind control Ken the lights combined with subliminal voices
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hear voices now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    stop calling 1-800- imaginary friends
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I have imaginary enemies
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Siri make the voices stop telling me to put peanut butter on the neighbors car
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't forget to initial it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    peanut butter + BMW make excellent sandwich la
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elon told me not to give my electric dog peanut butter
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    ya, that's bad, don't want the mut to have explosive diarrea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Robots can shit now clean that up
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    do those vacuum cleaner bots even do anything than letting cats have free rides?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They suck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    mine cant even get on a simple flat carpet, totally wasted my money
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only helps the cat do spins around the room
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i have a mind putting the cat on dinner duty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I recommend getting a treadmill for cats
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me cat probably wont ever use it, furrball aint ever home, always somewhere down the street, looking for females, even named it ''Chad''
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: me cat probably wont ever use it, furrball aint ever home, always somewhere down the street...