Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MarsXTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm, When ever I try to mount one of my USB( Ipod, I hope those work too) the homebrew just stops. Like USB Loader. It continues to count the seconds to timeout and restarts my USB, until it goes on again, can I not use my ipod? Or is it my problem? I installed one of the CIOS You told me to in the beggining I used the V17 One :|

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MarsXTC said:
Erm, When ever I try to mount one of my USB( Ipod, I hope those work too) the homebrew just stops. Like USB Loader. It continues to count the seconds to timeout and restarts my USB, until it goes on again, can I not use my ipod? Or is it my problem? I installed one of the CIOS You told me to in the beggining I used the V17 One :|
Is the IPod in storage mode (or whatever it's called)?
Also, be sure to use the USB port the most to the outside of the wii, the other one won't work.

MarsXTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put it in diskmode, and Its on the most outside of the wii, and it says like 30 tries till timeout? or 30 seconds. Its like 1 Second for ever 4-5 minutes...

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cISO can only be loaded directly by uLoader I think
WBFS files can be loaded by the other loaders, but not uLoader
So it kinda depends on what loader you want to use
tongue.gif

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work... One suggestion, one possible correction...

Suggestion: It'd be nice to add whether the loaders support multiple hard disk partitions and if so, how many. For example, uloader supports 2 partitions max, while usb loader gx supports more (as many as you have?), and Neogamma, I believe, only supports one disk partition (the first it encounters)... etc...

Correction (?): I thought uloader 5.1D supports Discs, it has a DVD button option at the top... never actually used it though. So I could be wrong.

tj_cool

Site dev
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
w!! said:
Suggestion: It'd be nice to add whether the loaders support multiple hard disk partitions and if so, how many. For example, uloader supports 2 partitions max, while usb loader gx supports more (as many as you have?), and Neogamma, I believe, only supports one disk partition (the first it encounters)... etc...Yeah if you think that's useful info I'll include it
smile.gif

If someone could make a quick list about this an PM it to me (or post it here) that'd be great. If not, I'll find out myself later
tongue.gif

QUOTE(w!! @ Jun 5 2010, 09:03 PM) Correction (?): I thought uloader 5.1D supports Discs, it has a DVD button option at the top... never actually used it though. So I could be wrong.
Never used it myself either, but I think that's for loading discs from an external DVD drive.
Either way, I should probably mention that it can do that anyway...

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
WBFS Intelligent GUI just saved my life :3

I always used WBFS manager along my wii´s HDD. Now i´m switching to WBFS Intelligent (GUI), as I formatted my 40GB HDD to exFAT 1MB cluster size and NO WBFS program´d let me format my drive.

I´m transfering games as we speak

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
w!! said:
Correction (?): I thought uloader 5.1D supports Discs, it has a DVD button option at the top... never actually used it though. So I could be wrong.
Never used it myself either, but I think that's for loading discs from an external DVD drive.
Either way, I should probably mention that it can do that anyway...

Hello people,

Indeed, the DVD button is for an external (USB) DVD drive, and it works fine.
For people who can't play dvd backup on their Wii (and don't have a USB HDD), it is a nice solution.

My Wii can't play dvd bacvkups, so I use an USB HDD.
This dvd feature of Uloaderv5 gave me the idea that it should be possible to copy dvd backups on the HDD.
Unfortunately until now, USB port 2 only works with Wii accessories.

Question:
will it ever be possible to use the second usb port for an USB DVD Drive, so we can copy backups to the hardrive?
Does anyone know if it is explored by the wellknown hackers?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
wwt+wit supports multiple partitions in many ways, some examples:
  • All commands who needs single ISO files as input accept one or more whole WBFS too. The other supported file formats are ISO, CISO, WDF and FST.
  • wwt accepts many WBFS as working WBFS. The option --all scan and uses all valid WBFS drives that can be found.
    • "wwt extract" searches all working WBFS to find and extract the specified ISO.
    • "wwt add/update" may add the source ISO images to all working WBFS. If the source is a WBFS drive than the whole WBFS is copied.
    • If specifying two or more drives as working WBFS and as input WBFS with the command "wwt UPDATE" than all missing ISO images are copied in all directions (crisscross update).
  • All commands accept include and exclude lists for fine control.

Example:
Extract all ISO images, that are nor already in the current or sub directory (recurse), from all WBFS drives to the sub directory "./new". The destination file names are taken from the title DB. Create directory new if needed:
Code:
wwt extract --all ---exclude-path . --DEST new +
# or short
wwt x -AX. -Dnew +

irvine01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me i really want to play Monster Hunter tri/3 but when im pressing start game the screen will fade to black and start to beep so loud so i've tried to look for help and found out that i need a cios rev 19 to play it but the problem is when im installing the cios rev 19 im getting an error (ret = -1) can please someone help me?

My firmware is 3.2U
my HBC is ios35 v4.16
My neo gamma is r8 beta 15 ios249 (rev 7)
MY wad manger is v1.1

Please i really need your help

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@wiim,

very nice tool to copy from harddrive to harddrive.
But is does the same as i.e. WBFS Manager or WBFS Tool.

What I (and many others) am looking for is a way to copy Wii dvd backups to the harddrive.
All Wii's with a D3 dvd drive don't accept dvd backup disks, so we're looking for a different way.
(everybody knows where to get .iso files, but it is still illegal)
wink.gif

If your tool could read the dvd structure of a game it could work.
Maybe i am asking for something impossible her, i'm not a software programmer.

But maybe this question is something to think about.

Thank you so far for your effort.

Edit:
laugh.gif
forget alle questions in the above.
I thought, lets just try to copy a Wii dvd backup to the hardrive with Image Burn (disc->iso) an guess what, it worked.
haha, i tried that before with an original Wii game, and that didn't work.

But with dvd backups it does, so no problems anymore.
rolleyes.gif

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
apologies if I've missed this, but how should I partition a drive for use with FAT32?

Do I set the partition as Primary? Do I set it as active?

I'm using Configurable USB Loader with a 500GB USB HDD which is formatted to FAT32 using Swiss Knife v3.22 and CUL asks everytime I first run it which partition it should be using etc. I did not set the FAT32 partititon as active - should I?

thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!