Bad Piggies For Nintendo 3DS (Source Port) (WIP)

idkwhattoput

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
idkwhattoput.ct8.pl
XP
Country
Brazil
I am porting Bad Piggies to the Nintendo 3DS using the source code available at https://github.com/BP-Innovation/Bad-Piggies-Original/releases. My primary goal is to achieve a decent FPS performance and ensure it runs smoothly on an older 3DS model (cuz I don't have access to a New 3DS). Please note that this project is a work in progress, so if you don't see recent activity here, I might be taking a temporary pause or the project is cancelled (dont worry it will not happen) also the game has been ported to WebGL by another person.

Unity_wJavh1eCZK.png

ew errors...

the game has a cheat menu so i will be sure to put it in the release

Last edited by idkwhattoput,

idkwhattoput

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
idkwhattoput.ct8.pl
XP
Country
Brazil
Interesting. If you need some testing I could help with a New 3DS XL and an OG 3DS (Thought, you surely got that right). This person could do it too.
Are you trying on making a full port or a part recreation from the decompiled apk ?
full port, the unity package contains every single asset and scripts fully decompiled

the problem is that i need to completely remove PlayFab and that is gonna take a hella lot of time so

i guess i "fixed" all of the errors so i should be able to compile now... i suppose

Attachments

• imagem_2023-12-20_171404644.png
    imagem_2023-12-20_171404644.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 39

The_real_maxwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Download pls
Post automatically merged:

full port, the unity package contains every single asset and scripts fully decompiled

the problem is that i need to completely remove PlayFab and that is gonna take a hella lot of time so

i guess i "fixed" all of the errors so i should be able to compile now... i suppose
Are you done compiling or did you upload it but if not can you pls upload it
Post automatically merged:

I'm so attracted to this project

idkwhattoput

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
idkwhattoput.ct8.pl
XP
Country
Brazil
ok listen, it seems that almost every script of the game(even level loading) requires something called PlayFab and to remove it completely it's going to take a LONG time because (maybe) I'll have to rescript every script that depends on it so i can make it work without PlayFab, almost the whole game depends on it, I'm not sure if this project will see the light of day,but i will try to remove it... (again)

EDIT: okay I discovered that Unity used an old method of sending web requests: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Networking.UnityWebRequest.Send.html < so i don't need to remove playfab at all! and cake race will be available because of it!

EDIT 2: Good news! I had to fix a lot of PlayFab scripts to make it work with my Unity env, I just set up the CTR_SDK and the app is compiling (compiling takes a lot of time too so just wait...) :yaynds:but I don't trust my code very much...

I used the PS Vita source but it looks like the textures are bugged (probably happened during game decomp) i will have to use the BP Original repo and extract the scenes/script but that's going to take a lot because my Unity crashes for some reason when trying to add everything at once :hateit:

maybe I can get the guy in the first reply to test the first release...

EDIT 3: changing to the BP Original version... got a tools that extracts .unitypackages, now i only need to replace the PlayFab folder and then ready to compile :D

Levguacamole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok listen, it seems that almost every script of the game(even level loading) requires something called PlayFab and to remove it completely it's going to take a LONG time because (maybe) I'll have to rescript every script that depends on it so i can make it work without PlayFab, almost the whole game depends on it, I'm not sure if this project will see the light of day,but i will try to remove it... (again)

EDIT: okay I discovered that Unity used an old method of sending web requests: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Networking.UnityWebRequest.Send.html < so i don't need to remove playfab at all! and cake race will be available because of it!

EDIT 2: Good news! I had to fix a lot of PlayFab scripts to make it work with my Unity env, I just set up the CTR_SDK and the app is compiling (compiling takes a lot of time too so just wait...) :yaynds:but I don't trust my code very much...

I used the PS Vita source but it looks like the textures are bugged (probably happened during game decomp) i will have to use the BP Original repo and extract the scenes/script but that's going to take a lot because my Unity crashes for some reason when trying to add everything at once :hateit:

maybe I can get the guy in the first reply to test the first release...
Can I test too?

Reactions: idkwhattoput

idkwhattoput

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
idkwhattoput.ct8.pl
XP
Country
Brazil
oh well looks like using BP Original meshes simply crashes unity (gives Unknown shader channel count) i dont know why this happens, tried using the ps vita meshs but unity just deletes it... ? how am i going to fix this? because without meshes well yk the game is unplayable, soo maybe i will only be able to release the modified ps vita one but that one has broken textures which is not good

i will take a look into this

FIXED: had to use the ps vita meshes anyway... i just hope they correctly show during gameplay anyways compiling will start now i just need to configure the build configuration

smh forgor to activate license...
Unity_KzzA1SQ1I0.png
:)

still not done yet...

need to tweak all of the texture sizes to 512
now about light sources, this depends on the "contraption" you are going to build, ofc do not make massive ones because the 3ds (OG model) is not supposed to handle that

but well if MH4U can run in an O3DS with decent fps why wouldn't a simple 2d game work?

I want to make this game fully playable in the 3ds, principally the OG model

Surprise! the app successfully compiled to a .cci file! now let's convert it .cia using some of the community tools and we are going to see if the OG 3ds can handle it!

UPDATE: we are moving to a newer unity version, it supports SendWebRequest and should be more stabler to work with it than the older verison (5.6.5)

PTanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well looks like using BP Original meshes simply crashes unity (gives Unknown shader channel count) i dont know why this happens, tried using the ps vita meshs but unity just deletes it... ? how am i going to fix this? because without meshes well yk the game is unplayable, soo maybe i will only be able to release the modified ps vita one but that one has broken textures which is not good

i will take a look into this

FIXED: had to use the ps vita meshes anyway... i just hope they correctly show during gameplay anyways compiling will start now i just need to configure the build configuration

smh forgor to activate license...
View attachment 427047:)

still not done yet...

need to tweak all of the texture sizes to 512
now about light sources, this depends on the "contraption" you are going to build, ofc do not make massive ones because the 3ds (OG model) is not supposed to handle that

but well if MH4U can run in an O3DS with decent fps why wouldn't a simple 2d game work?

I want to make this game fully playable in the 3ds, principally the OG model

Surprise! the app successfully compiled to a .cci file! now let's convert it .cia using some of the community tools and we are going to see if the OG 3ds can handle it!

UPDATE: we are moving to a newer unity version, it supports SendWebRequest and should be more stabler to work with it than the older verison (5.6.5)
How is this going..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto