Homebrew Badge Arcade hacking?

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
when the game is connecting to eshop and syncing with nnid, it shows fw version on the bottom right lower screen... because i'm using Rxtools, it shows RX-E 10.3 :P should i worry?

Reactions: lPolarisl

LOLIPOP_MASTER

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It might be possible to hack it if you can spoof time and date so you can get free plays whenever you want... (if that's even possible).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, if I reset the game, I get my five tries back if I haven't used them all. (Great for retrying! )
you mean just exit to the home menu after you bought the plays even if you started playing?

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently looking into the badge center's time retrieval. I've seemingly found one check for data and time, but there seems to be more.

GolyBidoof

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That for starters, it's extremely inaccurate tho.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu#BadgeMngFile.dat
0x04 - amount of different collections
0x08 - amount of unique badges
0x0C - amount of badges placed in the Home Menu
0x18 - amount of all badges
0x1C - 4-byte something looking like a checksum

0x3E8 starts an array of values 0x28 byte long
First 4 bytes - checksum? It's not CRC-32, or is it? If it's CRC-32, then I don't know which part of the rest of this array entry is checksumed.
0x04 - badge ID in hex, after converting to dec looks like something like "XYZ00" with X, Y and Z being digits and X can be 0.
0x08 - badge collection ID
0x0C - badge order ID in that tool to place badges
0x10 - the amount of badges placed in the Home Menu already
0x12 - the amount of badges you have
0x14 - 2-byte something I have no clue about
0x18 - shortcuts to apps, 0x10 long. There are two repeats of the same value being title IDs from this list: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list#00040010_-_System_Applications
In order to make a shortcut work, one must write the entire extended string twice, for example if you want to call Activity Log on European 3DS, it goes like 00 22 02 00 10 00 04 00 00 22 02 00 10 00 04 00.
If a badge has no shortcut, all the bytes get replaced with FFs.
That's all I know.

EDIT: Ooh, I something another that would be interesting. 0xB2E8 is the beginning of the "Home Menu layout section" array with 0x18 long values.
0x00 - The 6-byte ID from the upper section: 4 first bytes are probably checksum, second are badge ID.
0x08 - Collection ID
0x0C - Badge order ID
0x10 - ?! Ascending numbers anyway
0x14 - 4-byte always (?) FFs.

EDIT: Fufufufu, they've secured it up nicely. 0xA030 begins the 'collection' section. Array with 0x48 long values.
0x04 - ?!
0x08 - Collection ID
0x14 - Amount of unique badges you have from that collection
0x18 - Total amount of badges from that collection
0x1C - Starting badge ID of this collection

Progressing it up nicely, I'll try to clone some badges really soon.

EDIT: I did it!
YnUruC4.jpg

Steps to multiply the amount of badges:
1. Edit 0x18
2. Edit 0x12 in the first array of badges.
3. Edit 0x18 in the 'collection' array.
Easy, I'll try to tinker some more and maybe code a tool for it.

EDIT: BadgeMngFile.dat is updated after connecting to the internet in the Badge Arcade app, so if you open it up, any modifications you made will be removed.

Last edited by GolyBidoof,

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
So badge manage is updated every time you connect and badges themselves are sent to the BOSS area meaning no kernel no fun huh?
Not many vectors of "hacking" this one is there? I'll keep watching though.

GolyBidoof

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a request, could any of you lend me a hand and send your badge files with screenshots of what badges are these if you can?
One screenshot of All Badges and screenshots of each collections you have.
I'm at 10% of coding my own tool, a database of different badges would make the tool much bigger and better :)
AZSCiqs.png

Last edited by GolyBidoof,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request, could any of you lend me a hand and send your badge files with screenshots of what badges are these if you can?
I'm at 10% of coding my own tool, a database of different badges would make the tool much bigger and better :)
AZSCiqs.png
Any way I could get some for you? I'm on o3DS 10.3 so no CFW. Have some Mario, SNES, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Splatoon, and i think that's it.

Reactions: Strukken

Strukken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AZSCiqs.png

I'll try and dump it, I have *hax 2.5

EDIT: this might take a while though because I don't have extdatatool yet and my computer has this windows 10 slow boot bug
Ughhhhhhh

Last edited by Strukken,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    btei @ btei: why does blue flavour taste so yummay