Homebrew Question Ban carrying over to other consoles?

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i dont know if it carries over to be honest, but it was a second switch.

man this is gonna take me a while to find, i figured that this was huge news. ill get back to you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...services_for_prominent_hackers_switch_console

oh yea, one simple google search later.....

enjoy folks.
Ah, I saw that news too at the time but that wasn't exactly what happened. As @fadx mentioned, the user later explained that this unit wasn't pure because he had runned some scripts on it before, and the second banned switch wasn't his, but from one of their group. So maybe there's still hope.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so they get secret error codes that we don't see? Where's the source of that information? I've never seen anyone mention something important like that.

Just saw from someone that discussed about error code in ban thread and just shared my thought so everything is possible.

That why I cleared the log after I finished with CFW for my safety but some people said that isn't enough.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw from someone that discussed about error code in ban thread and just shared my thought so everything is possible.

That why I cleared the log after I finished with CFW for my safety but some people said that isn't enough.

Oh :0 I feel stupid! Never knew that. Thank you for the info!

Reactions: JeepX87

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to add on, your ban is most likely a console ban if you can use the eShop outside of the Switch. However, since Nintendo knows what account is associated with your Switch, they may upgrade your ban.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also to add on, your ban is most likely a console ban if you can use the eShop outside of the Switch. However, since Nintendo knows what account is associated with your Switch, they may upgrade your ban.

Probably not if you go back to buying games. I suspect the leniency here is intentional, we see even here people who regret the risk to their account and/or potentially go clean.

Its in Nintendo's interest to scare first, then scorch the earth later if you get caught again.

Someone who buys TX, gets banned, then goes clean, is a only a net loss for the users pocket. They also potentially bought another switch.

Reactions: Sonansune

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I wish I would've made a seperate account for my Switch. I wasn't thinking about that when I first got it. Because I'm not really planning to "go clean," although I'll certainly be more careful from now on. Apologies for the off-topic question, but are saves hardcoded to your NNID on 3DS or can I just backup, unlink the account, and inject saves again if it decides to affect saves when I do that? I really don't think they are because I recall changing NNIDs way back when. It seems like I can unlink my NNID from my Nintendo Account and terminate the NNID and my Account won't be deleted. I just found a way to hopefully inject saves into another user profile on Wii U, and as long as my saves from Splatoon, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, vWii titles, etc. aren't affected, I would be pretty happy.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I wish I would've made a seperate account for my Switch. I wasn't thinking about that when I first got it. Because I'm not really planning to "go clean," although I'll certainly be more careful from now on. Apologies for the off-topic question, but are saves hardcoded to your NNID on 3DS or can I just backup, unlink the account, and inject saves again if it decides to affect saves when I do that? I really don't think they are because I recall changing NNIDs way back when. It seems like I can unlink my NNID from my Nintendo Account and terminate the NNID and my Account won't be deleted. I just found a way to hopefully inject saves into another user profile on Wii U, and as long as my saves from Splatoon, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, vWii titles, etc. aren't affected, I would be pretty happy.
Saves are kept on the Switch console itself. Unless you did some save editing, Nintendo shouldn't be tracking your save files (although they still might have checked to see if you did in the first place).

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, sorry, I was talking about the 3DS and Wii U, not the Switch. But hey, if your NNID isn't linked to your Nintendo Account...then it's not linked. So I think I can leave my 3DS alone and just focus on migrating Accounts on my Wii U.

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So does that mean there is a chance that I can save my purchases

how do I unlink it or should I do user transfer to the other switch

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
Do we have a way to know if the cart certificate is stored in the system the first time you "plug" it in ? Or is it read only when going online ? Is it stored in the save data ?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the behavior if we first time insert a legit card and later a backup (same icon)

i really haven o idea waht this is suppose to mean, but if you are still on about the certs, they are strings of data that ALWAYS exist on the card, from the first time you put it in, to the last time you take it out.

Prince ofhell

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
so what i get banned 2 today for trying leyerdfs once
I DON'T Care let Nintendo f*ck them self i will hack every game there as soon i get me self a sx-os in syria

if i have a way to buy one and will install all the download'd xci

so Nintendo is telling us go more for hacking and about eshop there will be an alternative soon i wish I HOpE exhope will be online soon

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I DON'T Care let Nintendo f*ck them self i will hack every game there as soon i get me self a sx-os in syria

so Nintendo is telling us go more for hacking and about eshop there will be an alternative soon i wish I HOpE exhope will be online soon

well... to be honest, the raging context makes me assume you're quite triggered by the fact that you are banned...

don't act all tough, it doesn't get you any forum credits...

Do we have a way to know if the cart certificate is stored in the system the first time you "plug" it in ? Or is it read only when going online ? Is it stored in the save data ?

my guess its only read/stored when cart is inserted because if you redeem coins, the cart has to be inserted

Prince ofhell

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
i am angry because i can't buy a sx-os in syria hate the fact that you are ban for using cc

all i wish to find a way soon to get one or hope for a atmosphere release or a mtk one or a cracked sx-os

thats my only choices now

Last edited by Prince ofhell,

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually, you can use eShop if you're console banned by buying games from the desktop version, so piracy isn't your only option. I understand your anger though, and I bet it's hard to get stuff delivered to Syria. I don't know anyone who lives there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you