Homebrew Banned in Pokemon USUM because of PKSM?

PKSMood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
For the past 8 hours i've been unable to wonder trade or link trade in Pokemon US 99% of the time. When trying to wonder trade, I either can't find any player or get error messages saying "Failed commuication". When trying to trade via link trade, I get "Failed to connect with the player. Please start from the beginning". I can send and receive trade link requests, but I cannot accept them because of the errors.

Just before I discovered this problem, I tried to turn a random pikipek into max IV spinda via PKSM, just to see what kind of pattern it would have. When I entered the game, I discovered that changes weren't saved for some reason, so I moved on. I only used PKSM to inject my favorite mythical pokemon to play with before this. I also updated my 2DS system after I couldn't initially access internet connection in-game. After google search trying to find the reason for my unability to connect with other players, I released that pikipek, influenced by "you probably have hacked pokemon" comment, hoping to fix this.

It seems that regular players tend to get trade banned for a period of time simply because they had connection issues while trading, so I'm not sure whether it really because of PKSM or because my wifi sucks. If it really was because of PKSM, then I guess it's fair. Is it PKSM?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the past 8 hours i've been unable to wonder trade or link trade in Pokemon US 99% of the time. When trying to wonder trade, I either can't find any player or get error messages saying "Failed commuication". When trying to trade via link trade, I get "Failed to connect with the player. Please start from the beginning". I can send and receive trade link requests, but I cannot accept them because of the errors.

Just before I discovered this problem, I tried to turn a random pikipek into max IV spinda via PKSM, just to see what kind of pattern it would have. When I entered the game, I discovered that changes weren't saved for some reason, so I moved on. I only used PKSM to inject my favorite mythical pokemon to play with before this. I also updated my 2DS system after I couldn't initially access internet connection in-game. After google search trying to find the reason for my unability to connect with other players, I released that pikipek, influenced by "you probably have hacked pokemon" comment, hoping to fix this.

It seems that regular players tend to get trade banned for a period of time simply because they had connection issues while trading, so I'm not sure whether it really because of PKSM or because my wifi sucks. If it really was because of PKSM, then I guess it's fair. Is it PKSM?
its not a ban. it will outright tell you that you cannot trade for 24 hours if you cut off communication with a trade. Sounds like you have bad connection issues.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's kinda annoying, but if for whatever reason a trade gets interrupted you can't send trade requests for 24 hours, VERY shitty way to prevent cloning considering how easy other methods are and screws up anyone with bad wifi... If you are banned, it will tell you so when connecting online with a ban error.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You shouldn't be using hacked Pokémon online anyway, period.
That's besides the topic of the thread. Most people use save edited Pokemon anyways these days, intentionally or not, since people shared them like crazy back in the day so most people ended up with some and didn't know about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3