Homebrew Batterycheck - Remake of an old PC platformer

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
I dont remember where I found the threading example for the wii but I knwo you call a function named LWP_CreateThread(). Its kinda finicky but it works. The mp3 player example in devkitpro has threading.

Reactions: Archerite

Archerite

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont remember where I found the threading example for the wii but I knwo you call a function named LWP_CreateThread(). Its kinda finicky but it works. The mp3 player example in devkitpro has threading.
Thanks, but I found the examples a bit to complex to figure out how it worked exactly at 23:50 last night. ;) That's indeed the function to actually start a thread but it requires setting up a bunch of variables that I did not have to do with pthreads on Linux. So I just need to find some time to figure out what it all means :lol:

It's not that complicated I guess once I figure out what's part of the MP3 decoding and what is actually audio and threading. I'll probably look at it tonight :D

Archerite

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hacked it around a bit over the years and settled on this threading code but there might still be bugs. As for asnlib/mp3player I pretty much stick to the examples.
While I still have no clue of what I am doing the tread is working! :D

The suggested priority slows my game down to like 2 fps...so I changed it from 120 in your example to 5. Seems like it does not affect the music but the game plays normal now! Meaning it's still buggy in some places, but now we can enjoy it with music!:rofl2:

Still need to figure out how to "stream" the music for smooth playback but that can wait! The music plays and it's good enough for now. I really want to focus on adding something more exciting than just minor bug fixes and music for the next upload. ;)

Last edited by Archerite,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P