Battle Chasers: Nightwar finally gets Switch release date

9a35ec45-3858-11e8-b145-42010af00c34.jpg

Back in October, a cool little RPG called Battle Chasers: Nightwar released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It was also meant to release for Switch, but the devs had some problems with Unity and the port, and never gave a date for the delayed release.

Finally, today, the release date for Battle Chasers: Nightwar on Nintendo Switch has been announced for May 15th 2018!

Checkout the trailer:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world. It features classic turn-based combat with a unique overcharge mana system and incredible Battle Bursts. Players can explore beautiful, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles, secrets and loot and an overworld peppered with hidden dungeons, rare bosses and randomly appearing friends and foes. Build your adventuring party by choosing three of six available heroes from the classic Battle Chasers comic series, each with unique abilities, perks, items and dungeon skills.

:arrow:Battle Chasers: Nightwar Review
:arrow:Battle Chasers: Nightwar Official Site

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What on earth is with the editing on that video? It goes between what appears to be game footage, to some cartoon cutscene, to the 3D model characters...holding things? To a character punching the camera. Just...What? This is supposed to sell a video game?

It looks like this is a JRPG type of game. It reminds me of Final Fantasy VII, where the 3D model characters sit on a 2D background. In 1997, this was because of console limitations. Now-a-days, this just feels cheap. Paired with the smooth animations, it really pulls me out of the game since the difference is staggering. You could turn off the background and the game would look the same--that's how useless the backgrounds seem to me.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It reminds me of Final Fantasy VII, where the 3D model characters sit on a 2D background. In 1997, this was because of console limitations. Now-a-days, this just feels cheap.
Maybe for a $60 AAA game. This isn't a $60 AAA game, and these aren't even close to the lowest-fidelity graphics you get in some indie games. IMO the aesthetic here looks great, and I'm glad we're getting more modern 2.5D RPGs like this and Octopath Traveler.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A