damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not sure if someone has already done this, but anyways,

damysteryman and I have made this fake ticket which will allow the BBC iPlayer to be installed on non-UK Wiis:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nioe4nndmay
If you click on "Browse damysteryman's Shared Files", you may find something useful...

Not quite sure if this ticket is allowed to be posted here. It should be, since it doesn't contain any copyright code.
But if it's not could a mod please pm me before removing it? (Just so I know it's removed)

Just unpack your BBC iPlayer wad and replace the 0001000148434A50.tik with the fake one, and repack, and the resulting wad will install fine.

But, you'll need to get your Wii to connect via a UK proxy, else it will not be allowed to receive the video content.

I'm not quite sure how to do this, as my Wii has no internet to actually connect to anything, but using this ticket allows the channel to install and run.

Enjoy!

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thank will definitely try this.. was looking into doing this myself... u beat me... lol..
thanxs...
-kitt050383
wink.gif

alkobottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hm, would love to try this!
I tried the iPlayer once, but I coldn't find a working UK proxy - maybe someone here knows a good one?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
I'm not sure, but wouldn't hurt to update it anyway.

I'm about to go DL it myself...
My kids are playing wii.....not a chance for me to do anything right now. We still have to connect thru a UK proxy, that will be a chalange - to find one working.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I edited my post...but you'd already posted again so i unedited it.

Anyway, it will not run in NTSC. You'll need to force it to PAL somehow if you want anything out of it. Then, you'll need to import a PAL TV to see it...

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
I edited my post...but you'd already posted again so i unedited it.

Anyway, it will not run in NTSC. You'll need to force it to PAL somehow if you want anything out of it. Then, you'll need to import a PAL TV to see it...

Can be done with RC for SM4.1 but I do not want to go back and forth, too bad I would really liked this channel. BTW PAL should work with a flat screen and component cable. Thanks anyway.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
BTW PAL should work with a flat screen and component cable.
TV in my room is a 27" CRT, and I have composite cables.
mad.gif
It does kind of suck that they didn't include the NTSC support. The USA always gets worst of it when it comes to channels. Look at Japan...

Even if you did change the video mode, you'd need to find a decent speed UK Proxy to bypass the UK-only IP restriction.

QUOTEThanks anyway.
You're welcome.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
BTW PAL should work with a flat screen and component cable.
TV in my room is a 27" CRT, and I have composite cables.
mad.gif
It does kind of suck that they didn't include the NTSC support. The USA always gets worst of it when it comes to channels. Look at Japan...

Even if you did change the video mode, you'd need to find a decent speed UK Proxy to bypass the UK-only IP restriction.

QUOTEThanks anyway.
You're welcome.

My understanding of UK media is that the people get free access to the BBC content because their taxes / tv license [yes!] pay for it. Why would they ever include NTSC support?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thesund0g said:
My understanding of UK media is that the people get free access to the BBC content because their taxes / tv license [yes!] pay for it. Why would they ever include NTSC support?

Pretty much, but I think it's more marketing reasons, like regions for games/dvds, or like why we can't watch anything on the Hulu, Fox, Viacom sites etc and you won't be able to watch shows on ITVPlayer or 4od. Not that your missing out on much really. There's maybe 2 programmes on the Beeb worth watching. Everything else is American content at least 3 months after everyone's told you what happens, or cheap nasty game shows. We can't even do a decent comedy any more.

Really, if you're trying to get this working as a technical exercise, have fun. iPlayer itself is quite cool. But don't expect anything worth watching. This series of Top Gear's just finished, and Doctor Who just died..

awooga

Trophies
XP
Country
Im desperate to get this working on a Jap Wii - at the moment its installed but just goes to a black screen when I run it ... am i missing an IOS? can anybody suggest one? I had a similar problem with the NTSC-U Tetris Party when it came to running it on my Japanese Wii.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I put iplayer on and well BBC is crap anyway as the other guy said its US stuff 3 months after its released in the states, as far as the tv in the UK every household has to pay for a tv license whether they watch bbc tv or not and if you dont buy one you get a nice £1000 fine, cant wait for bbc to go subscription only then UK will be free of paying this bullshit license

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Am0s said:
well in 5 years bbc are thinking of going subscription which would mean no more license, before long people wont put up with the billions of pounds used for 2 tv channels, when they sooner watch some other crap like sky one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...-Secretary.html
4 channels, and a HD one.
They also have different channel streams for the two in different regions of the UK, including Northern Ireland and Scotland.
Also, your comment saying "I put iplayer on and well BBC is crap anyway as the other guy said its US stuff 3 months after its released in the states" is false, they make their own shows and invest a lot of money in them.

You get a hell of a lot more than RTE gives us here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email