Hardware Be wary of online user-based reviews (for now)

What rating would you give the system?

• 1 Star

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • 4 Stars

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • 5 Stars

Votes: 42 35.9%

• Total voters

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? More last-Gen ports and not a single major triple A title is a great release schedule?

No, I want them to fail because they are using gimmicks on old hardware and doing nothing to subsidize or encourage third party support while being so tight fisted they couldn't do something simple like put 3DS games on the E-shop for Wii-Users to supplement their non-existent library.
No the Wii U had last-gen ports. Tehcnically you can only really consider (at least with whats currently out for US) LoZ BOTW a last-gen port, but not even really that because it came out at the same time for both and it's superior on the Switch.
That would be like saying Twilight Princess was a last-gen port because it was created for gamecube.
The only true port I can see is Mario Kart 8, which I don't mind because you can take that home-console experience from the Wii U on the go with you.
And if you truly think they aren't encouraging third party support you truly haven't been following the development of the Switch. MULTIPLE third party devs have said it's extremely easy to port games over to the switch, many saying it can be done in about a week.
And the system is not the same in hardware as the 3ds, so it would take some sort of emulation layer to even play 3ds games, which takes time and work to do. Your points just aren't very well though through or researched honestly.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I actually never trust user reviews. The average user tends to be extremely easily swayed and bias and or I've found a lot of fake reviews just being made to give something a better or worse off score.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the Wii U had last-gen ports. Tehcnically you can only really consider (at least with whats currently out for US) LoZ BOTW a last-gen port, but not even really that because it came out at the same time for both and it's superior on the Switch.
That would be like saying Twilight Princess was a last-gen port because it was created for gamecube.
The only true port I can see is Mario Kart 8, which I don't mind because you can take that home-console experience from the Wii U on the go with you.
And if you truly think they aren't encouraging third party support you truly haven't been following the development of the Switch. MULTIPLE third party devs have said it's extremely easy to port games over to the switch, many saying it can be done in about a week.
And the system is not the same in hardware as the 3ds, so it would take some sort of emulation layer to even play 3ds games, which takes time and work to do. Your points just aren't very well though through or researched honestly.

Research isn't repeating Nintendo's marketing points.

Let me know when they announce GTA5, Final Fantasy 15, Fallout 4, Middle earth Shadows, Street Fighter 5 or any mainstream this gen third party title.

You wont, because there is none and wont be.

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Let me know when they announce GTA5, Final Fantasy 15, Fallout 4, Middle earth Shadows, Street Fighter 5 or any mainstream this gen third party title.

That point makes no sense. What games a system plays is not the only factor of how well a system does. That would be like saying all consoles should fail because you can get WAY more games on PC than you can on console, but that obviously isn't true is it. All of your points are being shrouded by extreme bias.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

GTA 5 - The engine would run terribly on the hardware

FF XV - Would see some massive downgrade in graphics.. It already is blurry on current gen consoles

Fallout 4 - A possibility. Will see what happens with Skyrim

Middle Earth Shadows - Nothing has been confirmed nor denied.

Street Fighter 5 - PC/PS4 exclusive...

Hmmm.. Do you have any realistic expectations?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA 5 - The engine would run terribly on the hardware

FF XV - Would see some massive downgrade in graphics.. It already is blurry on current gen consoles

Fallout 4 - A possibility. Will see what happens with Skyrim

Middle Earth Shadows - Nothing has been confirmed nor denied.

Street Fighter 5 - PC/PS4 exclusive...

Hmmm.. Do you have any realistic expectations?
THIS. You can't expect the same performance from a console MUCH SMALLER THAN THE OTHERS AND PORTABLE RUNNING OFF A BATTERY. It's obviously not going to match current gen console specs, and realistically YOU PHYSICALLY CAN'T DO THAT with modern tech.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to refute my point name one mainstream this gen third party release that's been announced.
FieldCricket.png

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you want to refute my point name one mainstream this gen third party release that's been announced.

Nothing's been confirmed nor denied for much anything. If you want to prove your point, show any future third party/multi platform title that has been denied a switch release? Oh... Wait....

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing's been confirmed nor denied for much anything. If you want to prove your point, show any future third party/multi platform title that has been denied a switch release? Oh... Wait....

You're going to get 2-3 First party titles a year one will be triple A every other year and a few meager last gen ports just like the Wii-U and you wont even be prioritized for portable titles when the 3DS successor comes out.

And if it wasn't true you would be able to cite a single this gen title thats been announced, there is none & wont be and that is why I am laughing at you.

I am going to load up MvC3 now, another title that wont be coming to Switch.

Zelda switch in 3-5 years is going to be awesome though, enjoy.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to get 2-3 First party titles a year one will be triple A every other year and a few meager last gen ports just like the Wii-U and you wont even be prioritized for portable titles when the 3DS successor comes out.

And if it wasn't true you would be able to cite a single this gen title thats been announced, there is none & wont be and that is why I am laughing at you.

I am going to load up MvC3 now, another title that wont be coming to Switch.

Zelda switch in 3-5 years is going to be awesome though, enjoy.
You ignored my post saying Skyrim there buddy. Plus just because it doesn't get third party titles from other consoles does not mean it isn't getting third party titles. I would say Yooka-Laylee is easily going to be one of the better games that come out later this year, and that's third party being released on Switch along with other platforms.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ignored my post saying Skyrim there buddy. Plus just because it doesn't get third party titles from other consoles does not mean it isn't getting third party titles. I would say Yooka-Laylee is easily going to be one of the better games that come out later this year, and that's third party being released on Switch along with other platforms.

Yeah I did ignore it, because the stupidity of citing Skyrim as this gen I felt spoke for itself.

I'll be as quiet as a church mouse when you a new this gen triple A title from a third party gets announced, I'll be waiting... and waiting... and waiting but at least I'll still have my $400 bucks instead of buying a last gen brick.

Last edited by jimbo13,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasnt it last gen? on 2011 the ps3 was still arround...
Depends on which verison the switch gets tbh, which we don't know yet. But it is still getting other third party titles that other consoles are getting, which I mentioned above.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I did ignore it, because the stupidity of citing Skyrim as this gen I felt spoke for itself.
And yet you seem to ignore the other valid point I just made in the post you quoted, which you seem to do a lot.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet you seem to ignore the other valid point I just made in the post you quoted, which you seem to do a lot.

Because there is only one point, Cite a single a triple A third party this gen title announced.

There is none & wont be.

You can't cite one because there wont be any.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your points arn't facts either, they are opinions
The FACT that nintendo does have eShop when the review seems to indicate it didn't (confusing it with Virtual Console even) is NOT opinion
The FACT that the system does output sound from headphone when plugged into dock when the review says it doesn't is NOT opinion
The FACT that online play is present on the systme when the review indicated that it wasn't, is NOT opinion.
Because there is only one point, Cite a single a triple A third party this gen title announced.

There is none & wont be.

You can't cite one because there wont be any.
I JUST stated Yooka-Laylee is, which is a current gen third party release. Just because it doesn't meet your definition of third party doesn't mean it isn't third party.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Your points arn't facts either, they are opinions

Uhhhhh... Did you even read it? Not all of them are facts.. but, let's be real here...

The review was talking about no online support, no day 1 official bundles... There rarely are day 1 bundles.. At least game bundled with the console for the same price. Gamestop was doing a bundle DEAL.. but not the same thing. There also is online support complete with a friends list and some form of matchmaking. Just no chat, yet.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FACT that nintendo does have eShop when the review seems to indicate it didn't (confusing it with Virtual Console even) is NOT opinion
The FACT that the system does output sound from headphone when plugged into dock when the review says it doesn't is NOT opinion
The FACT that online play is present on the systme when the review indicated that it wasn't, is NOT opinion.

I JUST stated Yooka-Laylee is, which is a current gen third party release. Just because it doesn't meet your definition of third party doesn't mean it isn't third party.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT Yooka-Laylee & Skyrim I better Pre-order and get the day off so I can make a midnight release.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY FUCKING SHIT Yooka-Laylee & Skyrim I better Pre-order and get the day off so I can make a midnight release.
Again, that's YOUR opinion, which doesn't determine if the console will or won't fail. As i've stated multiple times it's your bias that is what you are using to determine the console as a failure already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Always :D