Hardware Best Case under 100$

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad and I have been thinking about getting a new case for my build (Too little space between the GPU and HDD brackets)
This is my current case. With shipping and taxes, it must be under 100$.

Here is my build:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($93.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($119.26 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Sony 5280S-CB-PLUS DVD/CD Writer ($34.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $829.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-16 21:22 EDT-0400)

I'd like good airflow, the case needs to either come with a few good fans or support at least 3 120mm ones. (Of which will be transplanted from my current one), and I'd like it to be silent. If you could, good wire management would be great as well.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to have enough room for a few HDDs and an SSD.
EDIT 2: Oh, and I'd love it if you could get one that has enough space for an 11 inch GPU. (Lengthwise. 10 inches is fine as well.)
EDIT 3: I'd appreciate it if you could also get them from 60$-100$, and not just the highest range. Also, the tallest the case can be is 20 inches.
EDIT 4: Derp, nearly forgot, I live near a Microcenter and my tax rate is about 5% where I live.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(Lengthwise. 10 inches is fine as well.)

So we can get it out of our systems "that's what she said".

Anyway $100 and you otherwise have a PSU and are not doing water cooling.... I think the response at this point is "pretty much any of them" (seriously though it is more than enough money to score a nice antec, cosair or coolermaster case). About the worst you will run into is the top/front ports will be USB2.0 (many of the formerly top flight cases are USB2.0 and now have nice discounts*) and if you do use an 11 inch/320mm monster you may end up sacrificing a drive bay or being clever with wiring.

*you can quite happily get USB 3.0 plates if you are willing to lose a PCI slot, which will be easy enough as you do not appear to be going crossfire and it looks like the motherboard has some headers for 2.0 anyway.

That said when you say height I hope you are not planning to stack things on top of it or stick it in a cupboard -- most cases, particularly ones you will want if you are using a monster graphics card with it and are worried about cooling, will have large top fans. You are mainly going to be limited to mid towers if you have that height requirement though some will exceed that it seems. That is OK as most are some mixture of 9 drive bays (you may have to adapt some things for some though).

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still looking for a few specific ones to show to my dad.

FAST6191, It's under my huge desk, which is just about 2 feet high. I want to leave about 4 inches for room.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard great things about the CM Scout 2 Advance. It's a mid-tower case with carrying handles and a sleek design. Also had plenty of drive bays. About $80.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corsair 300R or the Rosewill Challenger is pretty nice.

I wouldn't recommend Micro Center for cases, well at least not the Cambridge store in Massachusetts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep most here in Ohio say pop. Oh oh yea I mean North Korea