OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azotyp said:
I vote for game boy (the first one) (oh forgot that it is not on the list).

It may be big enough to quality as a console, but it ran on batteries and couldn't connect to an external screen. Thus, not a console.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox/Xbox360 shouldn't even be on that list since it pretty much failed in Japan. But the Japanese don't know anything about gaming or technology
rolleyes.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SNES wins and will always win due to the core games that everyone thinks of from that era.

Chrono Trigger (Best RPG Ever, though FF7 comes close)
Super Metroid (Best 2D Metroid Ever)
Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (Best 2D Zelda Ever)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jtroye32 said:
But the Japanese don't know anything about gaming
Haha....ahahahaha....hahahaHAHAHAHAHA
rofl.gif

Say again?

Can't remember if I already posted in this topic, but anyway:
My vote goes to the SNES...
I had the best time with it by far...sooo many AAA games and I still haven't played all of them...plus it still has some of the best games of all time which you can play again and again and again, many of them being even better than you remember them...
The SNES is the symbol of what gaming should be about...

Personally, I think it's kinda sad to see the Wii coming second place
unsure.gif

Looks like the "Playing is Believing" and "New Generation" brainwashing worked
rolleyes.gif

Now you could argue that the Wii has all the greatest games from previous Nintendo consoles, but I say it's impossible to enjoy those games the same way you did 10 or 20 years ago, and it's a pretty cheap shot to begin with (mostly because those games are neither new nor exclusive)...
The Wii does have quite some potential, though, with many Nintendo franchises still not having made their appearance, but we're not there yet...Don't forget that the line-up of 2007 was a fucking drought up until the release of Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy, with one huge delay following the next (Remember how Metroid Prime 3 was supposed to be a launch title and Mario Galaxy was scheduled for Q1 2007?)...and by the look of it there won't be any new (major) announcements (let alone first party games) for three months after the release of Mario Kart, so tough times are once again lying ahead...I think it should be taken into account when a console leaves me un-entertained for months
lecture.gif

As for the motion controls - it sounds great on paper, but in practice...not so much
frown.gif

Pointing at things and twisting/shaking the controller is not what I'd say makes a new generation of gaming...Not even the most important titles yet are making a particularly good use of the motion controls (To be totally honest, I think Zelda TP is the best example of how not to apply Wii controls to a game
frown.gif
)
I'll not even start talking about the hardware itself at this point
wacko.gif

So no, I don't think the Wii is the best console ever, nor will it be by the end of its lifetime
rofl2.gif

And there goes another hour wasted on a random rant
glare.gif

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
The SNES of course!

2D goodness, some of the best games ever were made for it. It killed the Genesis and anything that was out then. I never played a console more than my SNES. I still play a bit of SNES on emulators.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Snes forever
smile.gif

Where developers made great games, best pixel'd graphics and great stories so players can enjoy again and again.
Now it's all about 3D with so so quality and CG (computer graphics, video) first, then playability for kids first, story only at the end.

my order would be : Snes > PS2 > PSX

Lot of RPG on PSX but bad graphics. SNES graphics were way prettier because they worked a lot to make them beautiful. on PSX they thought 3D was enough to enjoy.

Edit :
I never thought many people liked the Snes so much
smile.gif

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, my vote went to the SNES for the shear amount of great games the system has....(and the fact I'm kicking myself for not going with it instead of the Genesis as my first 16Bit when I was a kid)

But my second place vote goes to the regular Xbox, not for its own game selection, but for the fact that this thing is a BEAST when it's modded...NES, SNES, Genesis, MAME, Neo-Geo, the list goes on and on. and this is the BEST thing I've seen that emulate SNES games PERIOD! My freaking computer has the annoying "lag line"(and it's not even 2 years old) but Xbox SNES emulation is flawless, even on Mario RPG and some of the tougher games to do. Of course when "Darth Vader" aka PS3 gets hacked, it's gonna blow the Xbox out of the f'n water when it comes to emulation, may even get some of those n64 or MAME games that are near impossible to emulate anywhere right now
biggrin.gif

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
i Loved my pcengine\cd rom machine the first time i played a game where the characters actually all spoke blew my mind. Also u never knew what kind of weirdness u were gonna get from those cute little carts the games came on.
Shame telegames had the games market for them sewn up 60-70 quid a game the fuckers !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's why I had to stop wearing shorts in public. B-) +1