Gaming Best GBA text viewer?

Hamas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Whats the best GBA ebook/text viewer? There is the Gameboy BookReader ... and the text viewer on Pogoshell that I know.. are there any more good ones where you could do some good formatting of the text ... Bold / Italics / Underline / Headings + Pics if possible?

Hamas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Gameboy Bookreader

it has book marks and everything

its good
I mentioned that above... the problem with BookReader is that you cannot make text bold/italics/underlined (as far as I know) and also its time consuming to get a really long text file and to format it, adding newlines and paragraphs.

You can made bold text in Pogoshells text viewer but there is no image support in that... i guess thats why its called a text viewer. And I have to use a hex editor to add the bold / headings.... with 0D 0A etc... 0A meaning newline.

Any alternatives?

Reploid Ayla

Trophies
Website
www.wlhs.wlwv.k12.or.us
XP
Country
United States
Gameboy Bookreader

it has book marks and everything

its good
I mentioned that above... the problem with BookReader is that you cannot make text bold/italics/underlined (as far as I know) and also its time consuming to get a really long text file and to format it, adding newlines and paragraphs.

You can made bold text in Pogoshells text viewer but there is no image support in that... i guess thats why its called a text viewer. And I have to use a hex editor to add the bold / headings.... with 0D 0A etc... 0A meaning newline.

Any alternatives?
actually since it just converts TXT files, you can do all of that in WordPad

so It takes a bit of time on your part, but it can be done...

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I was checking this out and when I make a file, it works on visualboy 1.8, but doesn't work on my EZ4. It doesn't even boot, it just freezes right after the nintendo screen is done. The moonshell text viewer sucks because it cuts off words and puts the remainder of them on the next line. Which gets very annoying when you're trying to read novels
wink.gif

Anyway, is there a better option for NDS users? And if not, does anyone know what im doing wrong?

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone gotten this to work on their EZ4 or such?

edit: interesting, this seems to work on my old EZflash 2 though...still it would be nice if it could work on my EZ4

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well my experience with the GBABookReader is really nice,I think that it works great.

Maybe you can patch the .gba file that you just made, check it with GBATA, as far as I remember it needs to be patched to run on emulators, so i guess is the same for some flashcarts.

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I tried out, I didnt have to patch it to make it work with visualboy 1.8 or my old flashcart. Oh well, looks like i'll be lugging around 2 flashcarts everywhere I go then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    T @ Texasauras: help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUPdNq0qyeA