Visit site
XP
Country
ah gosh
few things to mention.
First, nobody brought up:

Tales of Innocence:
frown.gif
(making me sad) I really thought it was one of the best 3D game with a unique fighting style, with very detailed graphics wherever you go, and in my view, the graphics were a little more textured than FFCC and COD4.

Mario Basketball - well... i can't say that is was fun, but I have to mention that this is a "best graphics for DS" topic, not a "what is a fun game with good graphics" topic... and this game did have some good graphics, especially on the special shots
biggrin.gif

And already mentioned titles:

FFCC: this was another nice game with good graphics. And to mention, I thought this was a "best graphics for DS" topic, not a "what is a fun game with good graphics" topic...

COD4: was OK, FPS (as in frames per second) drops, enemies that are TOO small, enemy+map was very similar in color in many areas, too hard to notice snipers, and the blood effect just sucked.

And by the way, ASH? i mean for a 256 MB game, is that really good graphics? lets compare it to final fantasy 4. The battle graphics might not be as good, and ASH might be a slightly better battle graphic wise. But it is not as good as final fantasy games, because ASH shows a still background, with just characters that attack when you command them to, dislike other games, such as tales of innocence, with the scrolling, zooming camera. Especially in the field. That is where ASH becomes ash. 2D... graphics... for character,... which looks TERRIBLE! I was hoping that the characters on the field would be 3D... the field, if you take out the 3D background, is basically NES graphics.
frown.gif

Autilian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The JRPG ASH by far has the best graphics on the ds . There is no game that can come close to its quality in graphics in my opinion

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
Considering its a DS and a largest DS game is 128 MB, surely the DS can't compete with the PSP's graphics. However games mentioned above are surely amazing like FFCROF and soma bringer and Ninja Gaiden. It doesn't matter its 2d or 3D its beautiful for a DS game.

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Drone Tactics
Amazing battle animations. In Full 3D and when you check them out in the info menu, you notice they are actually damned well modeled and you actually see customization on your units. What more do you want? You can customize melee weapon, guns, cannons and colors. Plus you can add an emblem on your units. All shown in 3D!

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
In my opinion this game just looked amazing in anyway. I was blown away.

Mario Kart DS
Not really a high note, but still noticeable. Yes the items are 2D and they look funny from close, but still.

Mario Slam Basketball
This game... This game is amazing! I see 6 amazing models and amazing backgrounds (although they consist most of just planes). They really did a great job to also never drop the frame rate.

Metroid Prime: Hunters
Really amazing looking game. The only way it downplays itself is that it has the same enemies and bosses over and over =(

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
All the games that have been said before, and of course this one (it's not out yet):

Project called Moon DS, it's from the makers of Dementium.

Pretty sweet video of the game, not sure if it's in-game. (Just ignore the guy for a while
rolleyes.gif
)

Youtube movie

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
imz said:
nice vid of MOON DS lilfrankie, I hope we get to drive the moon buggy at some point

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm really looking forward to this game, I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be as Dementium: The Ward (which was fine the first 30 min, but I lost interest in it).

Graphics and the whole setting of Moon look very appealing to me, but again, so did Dementium..
rolleyes.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two of the best looking games for the DS were rather obscure:

Disney's Meet the Robinsons
Tak and the Power of Juju

Both games are in full 3D and look on par with Dreamcast games. They weren't that great as games (they were average/good), but the graphics were awesome at a perfect 60FPS. They also seem to share the same engine. The company should definitely try to develop the engine for better games.

Crash of the Titans was great looking as well. Apart from that, it was an excellent game that reminds you of the PSX games.

The new Speed Racer game is notable for its incredible speed capability with a perfect frame-rate (60FPS).

Dementium was one of the most impressive DS games, but it is frustrating and gets repetitive.

I still have to show respect for Mario 64 DS. It was a launch title with solid graphics that managed to top the N64 game. It still stands firm as the best 3D platform game for DS.

Notable games for showing off the DS' 2D hardware are the Castlevania games, TWEWY, and Kirby Canvas Curse. A few 2D 3D hybrid games that were awesome looking were New Super Mario Bros, Ninja Gaiden, Sonic Rush (both), and Dragon Quest 4 (later, 5 and 6). I'm currently playing DQ4 and I think it's a beautifully designed game. They stuck with classic-but-great 2D sprites which allowed them to concentrate on using the 3D engine for the environment. That seems to have allowed the 3D to show off what it could really do and the art and design is superb.

Tales of Innocence is one of the best 3D RPG's. Hateful for the confirmation on NOT releasing it in the US.
The Final Fantasy games are awesome, naturally. Revenant Wings is a great looking 2D/3D hybrid.
Mario Hoops looks spectacular.
I really like Diddy Kong Racing (it looks better than the N64 version but plays slightly worse)
Mario Kart DS is awesome looking as well

I love how the DS proves itself graphically when the devs try hard. Some of the best looking games haven't been released yet. The future looks great! Overall, I want more pure 3D platformers. We need a new full 3D Mario game for the DS possibly using the Mario Hoops engine. Big blunder with no Banjo game.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xeijin said:
Naruto Shinobi Retsuden looks pretty good.

04.jpg
that's not the final version of shinobi retsuden.
it has a completely different HUD

there are 4 released versions of shinobi retsuden:
JP(naruto shinobi retsuden)
US(naruto ninja destiny)
EU(naruto ninja destiny)
JP2(naruto shipuuden: shinobi retsuden II, sequel)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.