• Total voters

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't mean that they're exactly 100% identical, of course there's differences between them that make the games feel fresh - I'm saying that if you played one, you pretty much know what to expect from another, which isn't a bad thing since all of them have been good so far. I have particularly good memories connected to Super Circuit as I grew up with it, but the newer installments are obviously better, especially from a technological stand-point.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah that's true, it comes down to be summarised as "A racing kart game with items" as well as some strategy if those who want to remain in the top will make use of the items wisely.

I hate to use the Super Horn unnecessarily thinking the next box ahead will have a Mushroom Booster and then turns out to be a fucking coin.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have played all apart from the arcade ones and 8.

I could never get to grips with Double Dash - too complicated having to switch characters around all the time [at least I *think* that's what you were supposed to do, never did quite understand it] on a hangover. If you can't play it with a hangover, it just isn't MK for me!

Loved MK Wii. Easily the best one of the series for me. Mario Kart DS was pretty good too. Never really felt at home with MK7 for some reason - maybe because I basically opened the game on a long haul flight and played it to death - that's not how I normally go about games. Would like to try MK8 at some point.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Tried Mario Kart GBA yesterday and the gameplay felt like shit when compared to Mario Kart 8 is a smooth breeze in comparison, also it wasn't anywhere near as fun as MK8 so you can't really say they're all the same thing.

It's like those morons who say that every Mario platforming game are the same despite having different gameplay styles and series.

a more fair comparison will be Mario Kart Super Circuit with Super Mario Kart. essentially MKSC is a level pack of SMK, the gameplay and mechanics(and the frustration too) are almost the same, even the original tracks of SMK are in the game, but you need to unlock them.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would say overall the best Mario Kart game is Mario Kart 8, although 7 was more innovative.
Double Dash was pretty great too, and has a lot of nostalgia for me but I'm not letting that affect my vote. Looking back at it now the stages don't seem as varied as they have been in the newer games (perhaps because they were limited by hardware specifications) so although it had the best character selection and I liked the ability to hold two items, I voted Mario Kart 8 because I like the stages and mechanics better and it feels more polished overall.

Reactions: Arras

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I voted Mario Kart 8 because I like the stages and mechanics better and it feels more polished overall.

Mario Kart 8 was obviously rushed out to the market and when you look up the Character Roster, Mirrored Tracks and Battle Mode it all becomes clear that they didn't spend enough time to actually polish the game like they should have.

1. Character Roster = Majority of the characters are Baby-forms, Metal-forms and Bowser's family.. what a shitty roster. The only two which I make use of are Mii and Rosalina.
  2. Mirrored Tracks = Instead of making new tracks they just used the ones already made and reversed them.
  3. Battle Mode = You're kinda battling but more so racing because it's just normal racing tracks.
The acceleration of vehicles tend to be slow but the one I commonly use is somewhat faster than the others though it looks pretty lame which is possibly why no one else ever uses it. lol

I give it a 7/10 which is good (8 = very good, 9 = great, 10 = perfect) because MK8 lacked innovation, variety and creativity but it's a fun game that I've spent 30hrs last month.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario Kart 8 was obviously rushed out to the market and when you look up the Character Roster, Mirrored Tracks and Battle Mode it all becomes clear that they didn't spend enough time to actually polish the game like they should have.

1. Character Roster = Majority of the characters are Baby-forms, Metal-forms and Bowser's family.. what a shitty roster. The only two which I make use of are Mii and Rosalina.
  2. Mirrored Tracks = Instead of making new tracks they just used the ones already made and reversed them.
  3. Battle Mode = You're kinda battling but more so racing because it's just normal racing tracks.
The acceleration of vehicles tend to be slow but the one I commonly use is somewhat faster than the others though it looks pretty lame which is possibly why no one else ever uses it. lol

I give it a 7/10 which is good (8 = very good, 9 = great, 10 = perfect) because MK8 lacked innovation, variety and creativity but it's a fun game that I've spent 30hrs last month.
What? The mirrored tracks have always just been reversed versions of existing ones. Also like I said earlier, the character roster is subjective. While I'll admit the two metals are stupid, especially Peach who came out of nowhere, and there's a few too many babies, the koopalings seem like a good addition as they're all quite different from each other.
The battle mode could have used some actual arenas though, can't deny that.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nostalgia-wise it's Mario Kart: Double Dash, when not considering it's Mario Kart 8 easily. Wish there would be more 'unique' characters instead of the koopalings, but there might still be more characters coming out as DLC.

While Mario Kart Wii was also pretty fun to play, I didn't really like the motion controls, but with Mario Kart 8, it'll probably be easier to use when I have the game on the gamepad only.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nostalgia-wise it's Mario Kart: Double Dash, when not considering it's Mario Kart 8 easily. Wish there would be more 'unique' characters instead of the koopalings, but there might still be more characters coming out as DLC.

While Mario Kart Wii was also pretty fun to play, I didn't really like the motion controls, but with Mario Kart 8, it'll probably be easier to use when I have the game on the gamepad only.

Let's hope it's not just actual better characters for the roster because the fucking Battle Mode is absolutely garbage as of now.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

What's wrong with Mirror Mode? It's just mirrored tracks, it's not rocket science.
Battle Mode was a disappointment, but not really why I play Mario Kart anyways.
Every game after Double Dash has disappointed me with its character roster. :P

Let me guess... Are you using the bug vehicle? I used that one for a while :P
My current setup has around 1 bar of speed and maxed out acceleration, and works pretty well.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What's wrong with Mirror Mode? It's just mirrored tracks, it's not rocket science.
Battle Mode was a disappointment, but not really why I play Mario Kart anyways.
Every game after Double Dash has disappointed me with its character roster. :P

Let me guess... Are you using the bug vehicle? I used that one for a while :P
My current setup has around 1 bar of speed and maxed out acceleration, and works pretty well.

Not the buggy one, it's this Moto-Scooter hybrid:

zlCfzSEzWTIbW1jtOh

Despite not having much variety in MK8 I at least can brag that I'm one of the few who uses this awesome vehicle. :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

zlCfzSEzWTIbW1jtOh

Despite not having much variety in MK8 I at least can brag that I'm one of the few who uses this awesome vehicle. :P
Hm I use about the same combination as you, with a small character to get the best acceleration. Same scooter but different wheels.
If you want to go for high acceleration you need to make your Mii small or use another character ;)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

zlCfzSEzWTIbW1jtOh

That's what I used when I played at a friend's place, but with the default glider and Bowser on it. The scooter thing is so small Bowser looks absolutely ridiculous on it and it's awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk