Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm seriously looking forward to replaying a lot of GBA games on this screen, as well as playing some for the first time. A lot of people seem to think they want a 1080p screen on a device like this, but honestly 720p/800p is the perfect middle ground for emulating the classics on while still preserving decent battery life for AAA games as well.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modern games still look great at 720p on such a small screen. It's the fps that is noticeable so they made the right choice not to go with 1080p. What really surprised me so far is that I'm not struggling with battery life at all. The adjustable TDP is really great.

Reactions: onibaku and Xzi

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Modern games still look great at 720p on such a small screen. It's the fps that is noticeable so they made the right choice not to go with 1080p. What really surprised me so far is that I'm not struggling with battery life at all. The adjustable TDP is really great.
I agree, I can tweak settings and get better battery life than what I got in the original nintendo switch model (which was also fine for me). Except that games just look way better on the deck

Reactions: subcon959 and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I agree, I can tweak settings and get better battery life than what I got in the original nintendo switch model (which was also fine for me). Except that games just look way better on the deck
Always gonna look better at native resolution, whereas with Switch most AAAs are at 540p or even 480p portable. Not to mention Deck's higher graphics presets and stable frame rates.

Reactions: onibaku

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@ last three posts: you guys aren't talking about amiga emulation anymore, are you? :P

But ey...I'll probably do some low-end emulation as well. If emulationstation's really that easy to set up, I'm interested in some neo-geo games for on the go. :)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I could get hold of a Keyrah, I've moved my Amiga's motherboard into the Checkmate 1500 Plus case so I could always turn my old A1200 case into a ridiculous USB keyboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: