Hacking Best way to emunand?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to butt in, I'm thinking of making an emunand for the first time. I already have lots of nsps on my sd card - if I choose the partition then these will all be deleted, is this correct? And if I just use it with the emunand on the sd card this won't happen?
It even says that in the release notes of SX OS. If you chose the repartitioning option, you're SD card will be wiped. Copy everything to your PC first, let it do the job and then copy everything back (in case it's still fitting to that yet a little smaller partition).

SgtP3pp3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Creating a hidden partition will not allow you to install .nsp or .xci to "system storage". You'll get an error if you install one and run it. That's the only thing I noticed with the hidden partition..
Actually, I have emunand installed on the hidden partition and I have plenty of games installed to 'system storage' within the emunand. I do it to avoid having 'wasted' space on my sd card.
When you choose the hidden partition option SXOS repartitions your card. There willl be a roughly 32GB partition that you wont be able to access normally, and it will show as allocated space. Whenever you choose to install something to 'system storage' within the emunand, then it gets stored within that 32Gb partition. If you never use the 'system storage'option on your emunand, then you literally will have 32Gb of wasted space on your sd card. It wont harm you, but its a waste... literally. Everything you choose to install 'to sd card' goes in the Emutendo folder. So in the end everything from emunand is within the sd card, leaving no traces on the actual sysnand.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, I have emunand installed on the hidden partition and I have plenty of games installed to 'system storage' within the emunand. I do it to avoid having 'wasted' space on my sd card.
When you choose the hidden partition option SXOS repartitions your card. There willl be a roughly 32GB partition that you wont be able to access normally, and it will show as allocated space. Whenever you choose to install something to 'system storage' within the emunand, then it gets stored within that 32Gb partition. If you never use the 'system storage'option on your emunand, then you literally will have 32Gb of wasted space on your sd card. It wont harm you, but its a waste... literally. Everything you choose to install 'to sd card' goes in the Emutendo folder. So in the end everything from emunand is within the sd card, leaving no traces on the actual sysnand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have a large enough sd card, is it just as safe to keep both emunand and sysnand storage space on the one sd? I know many people use seperate sd cards for online and offline needs, but it doesn't seem as convenient as just having the one.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
now sx os has 3 emunand options, which is best? I see that hidden partition on sx card is recommended, but I don’t really want to reformat my sd card. The recommendation comes from sx, but I want to know what everyone here thinks is best. Does it even matter how emunand is installed? I’d like to use emunand on the system storage so I can save space on the sd card. Any input is welcome, just don’t light me up. :) Thanks

hidden partion is the only true emunand, yeah you lose some space on the sd card, but its the best version.

Think how the 3ds emunand was or the wiiu

the other two methods (on console and on sd) are not recommended and can be detected by nintendo

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hidden partion is the only true emunand, yeah you lose some space on the sd card, but its the best version.

Think how the 3ds emunand was or the wiiu

the other two methods (on console and on sd) are not recommended and can be detected by nintendo
They can all be detected easily. Detecting the emuNAND partition is only slightly more advanced than detecting a file on the SD or NAND, but the developers working for Nintendo aren't computer illiterate, they know how to do this. The question is only if Nintendo will consider this grounds for a ban or if they need more conclusive proof that the console is actually being used for homebrew/CFW. They may not even bother trying to detect homebrew/CFW use retroactively if they don't consider emuNAND use a big enough problem.
If pirates can't play online, and they need to have a separate legit NAND and actual legit purchased games to play online, it doesn't make sense to me for Nintendo to want to ban the legit side of the system from online, since it's making them money and keeping investors happy. If people get banned on their legit sysNAND, they're just gonna stop paying for online or buying games and just go 100% piracy.
Needing two separate NANDs for legit use and piracy is effectively the same thing as having two consoles. They wouldn't ban someone on their primary console if they pirated on the secondary one. The only time they would do this is if you pirated stuff off CDN, and that usage could be traced back to your legit console through your IP address or your Nintendo account.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!