Homebrew Better alternatives to hbc?

alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was wondering id there are any aternatives to hbc that are actually worth it?
like they have more things and functions then the hbc

r3lay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Filter is pretty good, i like how you can create different categories for the diff types of apps, but im not ready to giveup hbc just yet.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiXplorer could be looked at as an alternative. It can load homebrew, and much, much more. It can load MANY different files (images, text files, music...) and can use SD, USB, FTP, SMB etc. as storage.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with SifJar. I used WiiXplorer a LOT in my house cause the kids find it really easy to move folders around on the pc so can make it suit what they want (although I sometimes need to make a dol or two).

We use it for all sorts including making favourites folders for emus etc that don't support favourites. Or adding crap like channels too so the favourites can cover many diff systems and to re-arrange all you do is copy/paste/move and rename things how you want them so you get the fewest clicks to the destination.

The SMB features is what it makes it great imho as I can edit things while the Wii is in use.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
does anyone know how to get WiiXplorer or HomeBrew Filter working on a SNEEK emulated nand (or if its even possible?)?

I tried injecting the dol for WiiXplorer into a channel and installed it to my emu nand, it would load fine, but it would freeze the second I actually tried to do anything. And longtom1 did some testing with sneek and Homebrew Filter (older version) for me and he reported it wasn't working properly either.

FYI, I know how to add the HBC to emulated nand, but I want to be able to provide a legal HBC alternative for ModMii's emulated nand builder, so any help people offer me, will actually be helping lots of other people too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1