Hardware Black Screen Brick 4.3U

sallad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good Evening, I have acquired a Wii that is black screen bricked. Boots into a black screen, disk drive boots up (sounds tired but i don't think this would cause the wii to black screen).

I have tried a bunch of guides that usually point to getting into Priiloader then Bootmii. But I don't think this Wii was modded or at least someone might have tried and failed because I can't get into Priiloader.

I did get into recovery mode(?) with a GC controller which it then stated the Wii was on 4.3U. Tried throwing in a newer game to see if it would update it or factory reset it but nothing. I let it sit there for 15mins.

Anyone have any suggestions before I chalk this one up as hardware failure?

Thank you for your time.....

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
It's just software failure not hardware failure, part of the system menu is corrupted. Unfortunately it can't be fixed because the recovery mode will only update if the update partition has a newer update. Really the only way to fix this would be to use a brick fix disc, but since you wii is newly updated fakesigned disc's won't be read.

Last edited by Jasjar,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive chip in the Wii has to be a model capable of reading burned discs for that method to work. Only about the first year of production has the older chips, I think.

sallad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help fellas. Im going to think about chipping this Wii. Maybe ill just keep it around for parts I don't know.

Edit: From the serial I have a Version 3 Wii so I am guessing it won't read burned disks? I do have a copy for SSBB though....

Last edited by sallad,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade