Hacking black screen running sam and max season one

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, after the loading screen on sam and max the screen goes black and stays that way

If i use gecko os and force the region to pal 50, it loads to the title screen, but then when you select and episode it reboots the wii.

Any ideas? Im using a jap wii that has been changed to usa with anyregionchanger and has ios34 4.15

thank you

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ricflairandy said:
Hey all, after the loading screen on sam and max the screen goes black and stays that way

If i use gecko os and force the region to pal 50, it loads to the title screen, but then when you select and episode it reboots the wii.

Any ideas? Im using a jap wii that has been changed to usa with anyregionchanger and has ios34 4.15

thank you

The game reboots at this spot when launched with a backup loader. Do you get this reboot on episode selection with an original? Please provide more infos, i really want to fix this reboot, but i don't know why it reboots.

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its with a burnt dvd. Im using a d2ckey chip, and as i said my wii is region changed from jap to usa with anyregion changer.

So is this game not playable atall?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ricflairandy said:
its with a burnt dvd. Im using a d2ckey chip, and as i said my wii is region changed from jap to usa with anyregion changer.

So is this game not playable atall?

That's what i'm trying to find out. It seem that modchip users and softmodders are in the same boat when it comes to this game. I think your best chance would be to test if you get the game with SoftChip running. You need to set SoftChip to use IOS33, as this is the IOS the game would run when it's loaded from the disc channel. Don't worry, SoftChip is one of the backup launchers, but it does a great job for other users too and you don't need to install any cIOS to get it working.

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Great, but i guess that doesnt solve anything if it doesnt run on softchip either lol.

So let me get this right, softchip is like gecko os?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ricflairandy said:
Great, but i guess that doesnt solve anything if it doesnt run on softchip either lol.

So let me get this right, softchip is like gecko os?

Yes, but in this specifc case maybe better. Just try the game with SoftChip set to IOS33, if there's is any way to run the game for you without some kind of hacking, this is it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ricflairandy said:
same problems

Thank you for testing, i will let you know if i come up with a solution. I think it's very similar to the 002 error as softmodders and modchip users have the same issue (again).

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
whats the 002 error?

I posted eh same message on the gecko forum and someone has suggested using the wiicontroller hook, ill try that later

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ricflairandy said:
whats the 002 error?

I posted eh same message on the gecko forum and someone has suggested using the wiicontroller hook, ill try that later

The 002 error is the copyprotection introduced in Need for Speed Undercover. You only need to use Gecko OS with 002 fix or SoftChip to get trid of it.

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have the d2ckey, and the ios listed above.

i like to run things throgh gecko just to be safe though. Anyway, just tried sam and max with wiipad hookas suggested on the gecko forum and no luck, still the same, reboots when you select an episode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P