Gaming Black Screen When Starting Up My DSi XL

miitosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using twilight menu on my DSi XL for almost two weeks until recently, booting up my console only shows me a black screen and nothing else. Is there any way to fix this issue?

miitosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't boot the DS without the SD. It also gives me a black screen
How can I know if unlaunch is installed? I forgot if I did.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't boot the DS without the SD. It also gives me a black screen
How can I know if unlaunch is installed? I forgot if I did.
Mhhm. Was worth a try. Removing SD and game cart are always the first things to try.
  • Did you have to start TWL++ with an exploit (like the Memory Pit camera exploit) every time or did it start automatically? As far as I know only unlaunch can autoboot into TWiLight Menu++
  • Hold (A)+(B) on power on. A working DSi with unlaunch will start unlaunch File Menu.
One reason for black screens is missing WiFi board. In some cases reconnecting the WiFi board helps. That is sadly all I know. DSi aren't very fault tolerant and not very verbose on error.

DSi consoles can spontaneously go black screens. No idea why.

It would be helpful if you knew what exactly happened before. Were you trying to write to NAND (like NAND restore, installing DSiWare to NAND; uninstalling unlaunch bricked some consoles for unknown reason in the past). Did the DSi crash? Did it fall down or bang against something?

Reactions: banjo2

miitosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't started it with any exploit (no idea how to even use them), but I remember messing with one or two settings in the select menu.
Holding (A) and (B) while powering on didn't do anything either.
I remember I updated Twilight menu and the nds bootstrap to make the Tony Hawk games work (sadly one one did). I also tried formatting the SD card and putting in the files of a backup I made before updating the menu and bootstrap, still gives me a black screen. I know the DSi didn't crash on the games I played and I also took good care of it, so I made sure it never fell or hit against other objects.

BTW, sorry for the late answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Back when Oculus Rift was still starting out and being demoed around, they modded existing games...